Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

HBO Max will be part of FOXTEL in Australia. For years the Showtime channel on FOXTEL has be called “The Home of HBO.”  FOXTEL screens HBO shows here at exactly the same time as the US. So this season of Westworld was on at 11am Monday morning. 

Localized versions of HBO Max are scheduled to launch in 2021 in Latin America and the parts of Europe where HBO already directly operates premium TV or streaming services.[ In other countries, WarnerMedia says it plans to continue working with HBO's existing licensing partners for the time being

yeah I think the Max content will probably come to OSN like regular HBO.

@ lorddemaxus 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

AT&T is trying to force HBO to value quantity over quality now rather than the other way around. I think the Ridley Scott sounds cool too but I have no clue when that's releasing. I think it should've been a launch title and not that Anna Kendrick show.

I'm pretty sure that AT&T was hoping that Friends reunion would be a launch title and was probably going to market the crap out of that to get people to join but of course, corona happened. I wonder if they are betting on Big Bang Theory and Friends to carry the service for now.

Anna Kendrick made a deal with the devil that she will have a show or movie on launch date on every single service. She had Noelle on Disney, that sex doll show on Quibi and the new one on Max. Wonder if Peacock will have one of her many direct to VOD movies on launch.

6 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

HBO Max seems very appealing to me. Way more interested in it than D+ or Hulu, mostly thanks to its legacy catalog. 

Speaking of Hulu, now that they're making a lot of big FX shows exclusive to their platform via "FX on Hulu", will WB do the same with some big HBO shows coming up? Exclusive for "HBO on Max" or something

14 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

HBO Max seems very appealing to me. Way more interested in it than D+ or Hulu, mostly thanks to its legacy catalog. 

I agree with you. I probably won't get it right away, but Max seems to offer plenty of value to me. My concerns are just in the marketing/business side of things.

2 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

I agree with you. Strapped with cash, so I probably won't get it right away, but Max seems to offer plenty of value to me. My concerns are just in the marketing/business side of things.

I already have HBO so essentially it’s a no-brainer for me. 

19 minutes ago, Plain Old Tele said:

This would be the biggest factor for me but Warner has done a terrible job at showing the legacy catalog they will have at launch and they've said they will only have a curated selection only.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This would be the biggest factor for me but Warner has done a terrible job at showing the legacy catalog they will have at launch and they've said they will only have a curated selection only.

Pretty much all the streaming services are curated collections. I agree about the larger Warners catalog, but for the moment I’m literally just thinking about the HBO back catalog of shows. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

HBO Max will be part of FOXTEL in Australia. For years the Showtime channel on FOXTEL has be called “The Home of HBO.”  FOXTEL screens HBO shows here at exactly the same time as the US. So this season of Westworld was on at 11am Monday morning. 

Similar to us then. From my understanding all the HBO produced stuff goes to Sky and NowTV in the U.K. All the kids originals go to CN, and all the originals produced by other studios can be sold off to whoever wants it.

• Like 1