Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

53 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Makes me wonder, has anyone ever died in a movie theater while watching a movie (keep your stupid James Holmes jokes in your pocket)

Ole Bentzen, an audiologist from Denmark, died from laughter in 1989 while he was watching the hilarious comedy ‘A Fish Called Wanda’. According to the medics the reason for his death was a cardiac arrest but what had really triggered it was the laughter. Bentzen liked the movie so much he couldn’t stop laughing until his heart rate increased to a beating between 250 and 500 beats per minute.

• Astonished 1

21 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Someone died while watching Passion of the Christ.

And it totally played into the deafening hype that drove the film's insane run.

The Passion is an odd duck. It tapped into zeitgeist fervor in 2004, then largely vanished from the public consciousness within the next couple years. I would argue that's because the movie had absolutely nothing going for it beyond the extreme violence (how the folks on the ratings board could argue it didn't deserve an NC-17, irrespective of the subject matter, will always be beyond me), but that's a can of worms I probably shouldn't open any further.

• Like 2

Y'know, all this "David and Goliath" talk on the pre-game just gets me thinking back to the Patriots/Rams Super Bowl sixteen years ago. Just sayin'... ;)

But if Blake Bortles makes the Super Bowl, I can't imagine what the writers of The Good Place are going to have to do to keep believably using the Jaguars as the butt of so many jokes. :lol:

44 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I would argue that's because the movie had absolutely nothing going for it beyond the extreme violence (how the folks on the ratings board could argue it didn't deserve an NC-17, irrespective of the subject matter, will always be beyond me), but that's a can of worms I probably shouldn't open any further.

Co-signed.

Poor Microsoft and their mobile phone dreams. 

A young woman just got onto the train wearing a Microsoft T-shirt and is clearly off to work at the Microsoft store. 

She’s focused intently on her iPhone. 

52 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Y'know, all this "David and Goliath" talk on the pre-game just gets me thinking back to the Patriots/Rams Super Bowl sixteen years ago. Just sayin'... ;)

But if Blake Bortles makes the Super Bowl, I can't imagine what the writers of The Good Place are going to have to do to keep believably using the Jaguars as the butt of so many jokes. :lol:

Tom Coughlin usually puts together teams that gives the Pats fits

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

And it totally played into the deafening hype that drove the film's insane run.

The Passion is an odd duck. It tapped into zeitgeist fervor in 2004, then largely vanished from the public consciousness within the next couple years. I would argue that's because the movie had absolutely nothing going for it beyond the extreme violence (how the folks on the ratings board could argue it didn't deserve an NC-17, irrespective of the subject matter, will always be beyond me), but that's a can of worms I probably shouldn't open any further.

That film is the epitome of watch it once and that’s it.  

This is certainly a good start for the Jags.  But a combination of well they’re the Patriots and a possible “code red” from the NFL offices doesn’t put any comfort 

Edited by DAR
  • Like 2