Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Oh yeah, earlier today in class was the first time I've ever acknowledged BOT in public:

Professor: "This philosopher is from Madeira. Does anyone know who else is from there?"

*i'm thinking about Ronaldo but didn't say anything*

"Cristiano Ronaldo! Anyone know who he is?"

*i'm the only one to respond yes*

Professor after rambling on about soccer: "Are you caught-up on soccer?" (something along these lines; I forgot exactly what he said)

Me: "No, I'm just familiar with Ronaldo because I know someone who is obsessed with him."

@CJohn

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, AJG said:

I just checked out the reviews. Poor thing only has a 55 on metacritic, gonna have to skip it. Life is too short and TV is too good to lay my eyes on a 55.

The Waco story is so fascinating too, deserves a great adaptation. Now I'm just :kitschjob:

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Kitschface is in the same boat as Fassbender at this point. Even when he snags a good project (Only the Brave), it still flops.

That was much more a Brolin and Teller movie than Kitsch too, he was like the 4th/5th billed on Only the Brave, he was arguably more prominent on something like Lone Survivor, American Assassin or The Grand Seduction.

Many would say Kitsch has been on that boat for much longer than Fassbender, is Carter/Battleship spectacular entry on that boat was in 2012. I think with is work on True Detective and Only the Brave*American Assassin is stock went up a little, not down.

so let's say a potential romantic interest of mine really likes old Boris Karloff movies and the other monster movies of that era... should i ask them if they've seen SHAPE OF WATER? should i ask them if they want to see SHAPE OF WATER? should i move on past the same girl i've been stuck on since October and rewatch SHAPE OF WATER on my own?

1 minute ago, Poe Blankeron said:

so let's say a potential romantic interest of mine really likes old Boris Karloff movies and the other monster movies of that era... should i ask them if they've seen SHAPE OF WATER? should i ask them if they want to see SHAPE OF WATER? should i move on past the same girl i've been stuck on since October and rewatch SHAPE OF WATER on my own?

Doesn't hurt to ask I suppose.

2 minutes ago, Poe Blankeron said:

so let's say a potential romantic interest of mine really likes old Boris Karloff movies and the other monster movies of that era

Cool

should i ask them if they've seen SHAPE OF WATER?

Yes

should i ask them if they want to see SHAPE OF WATER?

Yes!

should i move on past the same girl i've been stuck on since October and rewatch SHAPE OF WATER on my own?

wait what

29 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

A legend

I'm glad Thome made it in - he always seemed like a great guy to have on a team in just about every way.

That said, even though I knew it was coming (59% is way too huge of a difference to make up in a single year), I'm still a little steamed that Edgar Martinez missed.

44 minutes ago, Poe Blankeron said:

Yes,Yes,Yes,No

• Like 2