aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

38 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yikes @ these Bad Moms PostTrak numbers:

63% gave it a positive rating

54% would definitely recommend it

Men and Women under 25 loved it the most at 88% and 82% (though they only made up 4 and 15% of the audience)

67/33 gender split in favor of females

52% of the audience was women over 25

Wow, ouch. A Bad Mom's Christmas could open under 10m now. So much for STX making a "cinematic universe" out of the Bad Moms brand. Guess that's what happens when you rush a sequel into production just because you need more "hits".

Based on Thor: Ragnarok‘s Thursday night and what rivals are spotting for advance ticket sales and matinees right now, Thor Ragnarok is looking at a $37M-$42M Friday which would put it in a $105M-$110M opening weekend. Pretty damn good. Worldwide, by the end of the weekend, Thor: Ragnarok is expected to stand atop $400M-plus.

Deadline wants me to believe a movie with these reviews is going to do a 7.2x on the preview number? Har har har...

Edited by BugsBunny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Due to Veterans Day, I imagine Thor will have a relatively soft drop for a CBM next weekend.

Will be interesting to see how it holds up the weekend after JL's ow, so 4th weekend onward. Till then it could be a case like SMH where legs look ordinary but wom will eventually show.

• Like 2

Just now, a2knet said:

Will be interesting to see how it holds up the weekend after JL's ow, so 4th weekend onward. Till then it could be a case like SMH where legs look ordinary but wom will eventually show.

Also Coco double features can help for Thanksgiving weekend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BugsBunny said:

Deadline wants me to believe a movie with these reviews is going to do a 7.2x on the preview number? 

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

yeah...no way.  28% of people vowed to see it again in theaters....that seems huge.  Any comparisons on that metric?

http://variety.com/2017/film/box-office/thor-ragnarok-box-office-opening-thursday-1202606103/

2 minutes ago, MOVIEGUY said:

LOL same, I was like "Shit must be going down if it's breaking news on a box office message board- oh it's Thor."

Reminded me of when the Disney Channel had a red scroll at the bottom of the screen when 9/11 went down. I genuinely thought the worst had happened.

Great for Thor Ragnarok. Could do around 115m to 125m this weekend. Over 300m is more then likely happening.

41 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Just wait till The Last Jedi makes 40 m OD... :kitschjob:

Hide contents

From previews alone. :sparta:

Fanboy meltdown - "It could have done 45m".