aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Will be interesting to see how it holds up the weekend after JL's ow, so 4th weekend onward. Till then it could be a case like SMH where legs look ordinary but wom will eventually show.

Small drop on Thanksgiving weekend. Bad drop (over 50% most likely) on post-Thanksgiving weekend. Small drop on Dec 8 weekend. Collapse against Star Wars and the glut of Christmas releases. In January it'll already be in limited release. There's a very strict pattern when it comes to Nov-Dec, very little room to deviate from it unlike in the summer.

• Like 1

Preview to OW multi of comparable movies and Thor's OW if it has same multi

DoFP - 11.2 - 162.5

Avengers - 11 - 159.5

WW - 9.4 - 136

CA:TWS - 9.33 - 135

logan - 9.3 - 135

DS - 9 - 130

Gotg2 - 8.6 - 125

Gotg1 - 8.4 - 122

SMH - 7.6 - 110

CW - 7.16 - 104

AoU - 6.9 - 100

SS - 6.5 - 94

BvS - 6 - 87

110+ is likely at this point

• Like 1

@WrathOfHan, it's that time again:

12x:

Justice League: Dunkirk IMAX, Wonder Woman Round 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, Detroit, Dunkirk Round 2, It, The Hitman’s Bodyguard, Blade Runner, It Round 2, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Geostorm, The Snowman

11x:

Coco: Beauty and the Beast, Beauty and the Beast Round 2, Cars 3, Despicable Me 3, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast 1991, Mulan, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Tangled, The Stray, My Little Pony: The Movie, Brave

10x:

Pitch Perfect 3: Baby Driver, Despicable Me 3, Spider-Man: Homecoming, War for the Planet of the Apes 4K, The Big Sick, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, The Big Sick Round 2, Girls Trip, Battle of the Sexes, Happy Death Day

9x:

Daddy’s Home 2: Transformers: The Last Knight, War for the Planet of the Apes Round 2, The Big Sick Round 2, Girls Trip, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Flatliners, My Little Pony: The Movie, Geostorm, The Snowman

8x:

Murder on the Orient Express: Wonder Woman, It Comes At Night, War for the Planet of the Apes Round 2, It, Blade Runner 2049, American Made, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2

5x:

A Bad Moms Christmas: The Big Sick, Atomic Blonde, Annabelle: Creation, Girls Trip, It

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri: Free Fire, A Ghost Story, Good Time, Wind River, Battle of the Sexes

Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Round 2, Dunkirk IMAX, Thor: Ragnarok

4x:

Thor: Ragnarok: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Round 2, Wonder Woman Round 3, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle: Spider-Man: Homecoming, Spider-Man: Homecoming Round 2, The LEGO Ninjago Movie, Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Olaf’s Frozen Adventure: The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast 1991, Mulan, Brave

Darkest Hour: Atomic Blonde, Blade Runner 2049, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, The Snowman

Pacific Rim: Uprising: Blade Runner 2049, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Geostorm, Thor: Ragnarok

Roman J. Israel Esq.: Blade Runner 2049, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, The Snowman, Thor: Ragnarok

3x:

Death Wish: Detroit, Annabelle: Creation, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D

Molly’s Game: Logan Lucky, mother!, American Made

Ready Player One: It, Blade Runner 2049, It Round 2

Wonder: The Glass Castle, The Stray, My Little Pony: The Movie

Annihilation: Blade Runner 2049, Happy Death Day, Blade Runner 2049 Round 2

Black Panther: The Hitman’s Bodyguard, mother!, Thor: Ragnarok

Downsizing: mother!, Battle of the Sexes, Thor: Ragnarok

2x:

Deadpool 2: Logan, Logan Round 2

The Shape of Water: War for the Planet of the Apes Round 2, mother!

The Star: The Emoji Movie, My Little Pony: The Movie

Polaroid: Wind River, Happy Death Day

Father Figures: American Made, Happy Death Day

Alpha: Dunkirk Round 2, Geostorm

Tomb Raider: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Geostorm

Maze Runner: The Death Cure: Happy Death Day, Geostorm

Red Sparrow: Kingsman: The Golden Circle, The Snowman

12 Strong: The Declassified True Story of the Horse Soldiers: Blade Runner 2049 Round 2, Thor: Ragnarok

The Greatest Showman: Despicable Me 3

A Wrinkle in Time: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Call Me by Your Name: Brigsby Bear

Forever My Girl: Megan Leavey

Proud Mary: Girls Trip

The Current War: Wind River

Paddington 2: The LEGO Ninjago Movie

Isle of Dogs: The LEGO Ninjago Movie

The Commuter: American Made

All the Money in the World: American Made

Super Troopers 2: Kingsman: The Golden Circle

The Man Who Invented Christmas: The Stray

Duck Duck Goose: My Little Pony: The Movie

Insidious: The Last Key: Happy Death Day

Den of Thieves: Thor: Ragnarok

The New Mutants: Thor: Ragnarok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Blankments said:

4x:

Thor: Ragnarok: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Round 2, Wonder Woman Round 3, Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D

Damn, and I thought my AMC was bad with giving me that trailer :jeb!: I said this in the CCT the other day, but Only the Brave was the first time in over three months I'd gotten the Thor trailer.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Small drop on Thanksgiving weekend. Bad drop (over 50% most likely) on post-Thanksgiving weekend. Small drop on Dec 8 weekend. Collapse against Star Wars and the glut of Christmas releases. In January it'll already be in limited release. There's a very strict pattern when it comes to Nov-Dec, very little room to deviate from it unlike in the summer.

Won't Ragnarok get a bump around Christmas?

21 minutes ago, Subzero said:

I think it will get there ... Im seeing this having similiar legs/drops as SMH ..... the first 3 weeks SMH look like it was toast...then it picked up and cross $300.

It didn’t have JL in its third weekend.

3 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

Maybe - Spidey did, although he had a much higher under 25% - that's what concerns me for folks hoping for similar walk ups...

"PostTrak shows Homecoming skewing toward men at 63% last night compared with females’ 37%. Men over 25 repped the majority at 35%, followed by men under 25 (28%), females 25 and over (24%) and females under 25 (13%)." (Friday morning)

"There was always the notion that this Spider-Man would skew younger and ComScore/Screen Engine’s PostTrak supports that showing 43% under 18 in updated audience polls. Since Friday, the under 25 crowd swelled with females moving from 18% to 22%, the third best demo for Homecoming after guys under 25 (35%), men over 25 (24%) and ahead of women 25+ (19%)" (Sunday)

http://deadline.com/2017/07/spider-man-homecoming-box-office-opening-1202124834/

The ratio of male-female have already improved by friday morning. Every other metric including Overall Positive Score, Repeat Watch, definite recommend, etc have improved from last night as per Deadline article.

Hulk-size PostTrak scores here for the Marvel threequel, which is the label’s third title to play November: Overall positive score of 90%, 30% of all moviegoers vow to see Thor: Ragnarok again in theaters, while another 31% say they’ll buy the film on Blu-ray. Definite recommend is an enormous 85%, with 45% saying the threequel exceeded their expectations. Men over 25 led all moviegoers at 41% followed by females over 25 (27%), men under 25 (16%), and females under 25 (15%). That latter demo loved Thor: Ragnarok the most with a 93% overall positive score.

Thursday night’s crowd was split in regards to watching the movie in 3D. Fifty percent of attendees watched Thor: Ragnarok in 2D, 23% saw it on a PLF screen, while 24% sat in Imax theaters. At 94% fresh, Thor: Ragnarok ties with 2008’s Iron Man in regards to possessing the best Rotten Tomatoes grade in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Damn, and I thought my AMC was bad with giving me that trailer :jeb!: I said this in the CCT the other day, but Only the Brave was the first time in over three months I'd gotten the Thor trailer.

it's okay because

I LOVE MYSELF ROMAN J. ISRAEL ESQ.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

Its crazy to think that all of this started with Iron Man in 2008. Imagine if that movie failed. The movie landscape would be drastically different imo.

Yup, one of those game changers like Jaws (birthed the blockbuster), Star Wars (birthed the movie franchise), Jurassic Park (ground breaking CGI), Pulp Fiction (birthed various styles, genres, etc).