aabattery

Weekend Thread | Actuals (p.100) ~ Thor: Ragnarok - 122.744M, Bad Moms 2 16.759M, Jigsaw 6.558M, Boo 2 4.451M, Geostorm 3.194M | GOLD ACCOUNT SALE (1st post for details) | 91k PTA for Lady Bird

15 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The only way this gets less than a 2.5x is if it's not accessible to the GA like CW without having seen previous movies (which doesn't look to be the case but I haven't seen it yet)

It's totally accessible, it have less connections with the MCU than Guardians 2

And it's a crowd pleaser too, really enjoyable to watch

Imo considering the aftertaste of Thor 2, the success of Thor 3 is really impressive. Of course, Hulk adds a lot but no doubt the cool direction and improvement in quality is gathering greater attention. 

It has been a banner year for comic book movies. 

6 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

37 minutes.  Really fucking excited.

Last time I saw a marvel movie the only thing I was hyped for was seeing a preview for Valerian before the movie and IT DIDNT EVEN PLAY BEFORE THE MOVIE.

:hahaha:

It played for me and I turned over to @Jayhawk and said "Dafuq was that"

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Imo considering the aftertaste of Thor 2, the success of Thor 3 is really impressive. Of course, Hulk adds a lot but no doubt the cool direction and improvement in quality is gathering greater attention. 

It has been a banner year for comic book movies. 

I think most of the GA forgot about the quality of TDW and are trusting Marvel since they’ve had a heck of a streak with recent films. 

38 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The fact that the 17th MCU movie & 3rd Thor movie feels fresh is nothing short of a miracle.

IMO, it's all about pairings. They don't stick with one duo or trio that worked but reshuffle people so dynamics are always fresh and different. We had Thor/Loki in this too but the main focus was Thor/Hulk bromance with many other fun interactions and pairings. They do that all the time in all movies. And it works magic cause they cast actors who generate chemistry with other actors. This movie in particular is a great example of it. Everyone clicked to the smallest character. 

Also, they let their heroes be flawed and butts of jokes amid badassery and that's always relatable and endearing. 

P.S. I'm still in awe of that news ticker! It's hypnotic! Great idea mods! :bravo:

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2