DeeCee

The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power | Amazon | September 2, 2022

Middle-earth may be going from film to television with Amazon’s new series “The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power,” but it turns out that that doesn’t mean the franchise is done with the big screen. The show will screen its first two episodes at fan events across the world on Aug. 31, two days before it makes its streaming debut on Amazon Prime Video.

Cinemark created a page for the one-night-only event, with a note that tickets will become available on Monday at 9 am PT. The reservation also comes with a $10 snack voucher. The event is only available to Cinemark Movie Rewards members — the theater chain’s two-tiered loyalty program, which includes a free subscription option.

'Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power' Sets Theatrical Fan Screenings - Variety

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Got to admit, a free screening and a $10 voucher for food is a pretty sweet deal (even if the ten bucks won't get you that much).

In case peeps are curious, the exact details direct from Cinemark:

Free Screening

To reserve your seat and $10 snack voucher for this event, you must be a Cinemark Movie Rewards Member. Be ready to get your tickets by signing in before tickets become available

Date & Time

August 31, 2022 at 7:00 PM

Tickets will be available starting Monday, August 22, 2022 at 11:00 AM CST.

Note: Members must sign-in to view available complimentary showtime and tickets. Be sure to create an account before trying to access tickets. Tickets only available on cinemark.com. Limit two tickets per account. Not available at the box office.

$10 Snack Voucher: Must be redeemed as one transaction at concession stand on day of event. Not Valid for alcohol or merchandise.

(Limit of two tickets per account and has to be done on Cinemark's website)

On 7/17/2022 at 2:07 PM, 4815162342 said:

The funny thing is that Galadriel pretty much played zero role in the actual First Age stuff. Once she got to Middle-Earth my understanding is she went to Doriath, fell in love with Celeborn, and they basically were in the far corner watching as all of Galadriel's uncles, brothers, and cousins got killed off one by one.

So I am not sure how much we can really see backstory wise from her perspective unless they go "You know what, she was actually right in the middle of it all along"

Other thing is apparetnly the producers and writers cannot draw directly from the Sim....the film rights to that have not been sold.

They can only draw from what is in the Appendices to LOTR which are highly condensed. For instance, they do not into why Numenor fell in any detail at all.            

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Very weird song choice. 

It's the typical trope of using pop songs over trailers. Personaly, have never been a fan of it. Might work for the mainstream Joe and Jane. The take away for me is it continues to look pretty, visually.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Inceptionzq said:

Kinda off topic, but I’ll never understand why some trailers have a mini trailer before the actual trailer, then say “trailer now”. That’s why I’m here…

I think it's for people that get the video without actively clicking on it to make them not turn it off.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Inceptionzq said:

Kinda off topic, but I’ll never understand why some trailers have a mini trailer before the actual trailer, then say “trailer now”. That’s why I’m here…

The tailer is used as an official ad on other unrelated videos. So the mini trailer is to entice people before they can click the skip ad button and get them to watch the whole thing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

The scene where Galadriel says 'Its Morfydd time!' after that marvel landing gave me chills.

The spam / troll posts under the youtube videos have made their way over here, i see....

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 3

Many more reactions OVER HERE.

Well, it's pretty save to say at least the first 2 episodes are going over well with audiences.

That said, some first reactions on Kenobi read similarly and we all know how that turned out. While opinions may differ, personally, i found it pretty bad. Still, i'm cautiously optimistic. At least it's not starting out of the gate with people being "whatever"...

Edited by Elessar
  • Like 1