Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

16 minutes ago, Kramerica1975 said:

What is the best case scenario for DH2 with these friday numbers?

Around 28m at best depending on Saturday and Sunday's holds. It's actually a lot better then what most of us were expecting it to do. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, kswiston said:

I forgot about Veterans Day (we have a similar day in Canada on the 11th, but it's being celebrated on Monday in my province). 

I still don't see it dropping below Doc Strange, but 30% is likely too high. 

Strange's pattern can't really be used for Thor 3.  With VD falling on Saturday, the Friday bump was going to be bigger so I just used a 15% bump based on what other films did in 2006.  That's the last time VD fell on a saturday.

The terrific cinemascore for DH2 kind of surprises me too.  I thought the first was pretty awful and this one just looked wretched.  But I guess sometimes people just want to laugh and escape for a bit.  

3 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Am I the only non Americans who feel like you guys have a day for literally everything???

:P

I feel the same way.  I'm Canadian and I just laugh sometimes at all of the holidays that seem to take place in the US.

Although having said that I do think Remembrance Day should be a nationally recognized holiday.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I feel the same way.  I'm Canadian and I just laugh sometimes at all of the holidays that seem to take place in the US.

Although having said that I do think Remembrance Day should be a nationally recognized holiday.

Are all those days off-work??

I mean I am fucking jealous!!

Remembrance Day isn’t a holiday here. It’s observed but ANZAC Day is the day for veterans and is a national public holiday. 

It also now seems to be a standard MCU release date. 

These are the public holidays in Australia. 

Spoiler

1/1 New Years Day

26/1 Australia Day

Good Friday 

Easter Monday

25/4 ANZAC Day

Queens Birthday*

Labour Day*

25/12 Christmas Day

26/12 Boxing Day

(*varies by state.  Also, some states have local public holidays.  Victoria has public holidays on the Friday before the AFL Grand Final and also on Melbourne Cup Tuesday.)

9 to 11 or 12 public holidays plus there’s also 4 weeks(20 days) statutory annual leave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Remembrance Day unlike most holidays does actually have a meaningful purpose a lot of people do recognize what Remembrance Day is about as the first world war and second world war still has a huge impact on Canadian history.

Remberance day is only a federal holiday so that means only the government and banks have the day off. However and there is no holiday between the second Monday of October and Christmas there is a move to make it into a national holiday. As I think Remembrance Day is a very important day I think that it should be made into a full-fledged holiday.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

Remembrance Day isn’t a holiday here. It’s observed but ANZAC Day is the day for veterans and is a national public holiday. 

It also now seems to be a standard MCU release date. 

These are the public holidays in Australia. 

Hide contents

1/1 New Years Day

26/1 Australia Day

Good Friday 

Easter Monday

25/4 ANZAC Day

Queens Birthday*

Labour Day*

25/12 Christmas Day

26/12 Boxing Day

(*varies by state.  Also, some states have local public holidays.  Victoria has public holidays on the Friday before the AFL Grand Final and also on Melbourne Cup Tuesday.)

9 to 11 or 12 public holidays plus there’s also 4 weeks(20 days) statutory annual leave.

From what I've seen you guys take and anzac pretty seriously and it seems rather solemn celebration.

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-18/americans-work-25-more-than-europeans-study-finds

The only true “national” holidays are New Years Day, July 4, Thanksgiving and Christmas. The rest are holidays but that doesn’t mean that people are off work.

Edited by Chaz
  • Like 3

Lady Bird is still doing astonishing with about a $30K PTA for the weekend. I think this is going places in expansion.

And amazing start for Three Billboards too with an $80K+ PTA. So great to see specialty box office on fire.

Too bad that can't be said for Last Flag Flying, which is going to struggle to make $1M in total at this point.

Edited by filmlover