Finnick

Weekend Thread | Estimates: T:R 57.08M, DH2 29.65M, MOTOE 28.68M, ABMC 11.47M, 32.4K PTA for Lady Bird (Deadline, p.46) | The box office is good again!

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

How can that be?  

Where were the thousand think pieces about how dedicated Sir Ken is to the art of film unlike all those plebes who shoot in 35mm or gasp digital?   Or how this film must must be seen in all it's 70mm glory?

Sir Ken needs better PR.

Should have asked Nolan on the set of Dunkirk for his contact.

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

I suspect it’s in Nolan’s contract to mention how wonderful film is, Branagh probably couldn’t get that with Orient. 

Make Nolan a producer on the film, then have him negotiate it in the contract :thinking:

• Like 2

really solid Friday but sheesh the lack of market depth is quite noticeable. Nothing from October is going to have left a mark (except skids) and outside of BR nothing will even be remembered by the end of the year - what a waste the Sept/Oct schedule turned into outside of IT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

For comparison of Thor 3 to Dr Strange numbers...Matching Dr Strange Sat/Sun %s using real Friday should get Thor to $52.63M for this weekend...With all the Moviepasses and available showings, Thor might be able to go higher...or it might stay slightly below Dr Strange's path (as it did on weekdays)...it should be interesting to keep watching it:)...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Thor saturday in China is 9,33M (back to nº1 after MOTOE n1 opening friday) for a total of 87,88M in 9 days... i didn't expected Thor 3 to reach the 100M in China. But seems it's gonna make it easily.

Great number for Thor in China, extremely content with how it's doing. I think 840M can happen, especially if JL does well. The momentum of comic book movies will be on a roll and many will be back for repeat business. 

Great!

28 minutes ago, CJohn said:

MOTOE deserved more than to be beaten by a shit ass sequel to a shit ass movie. Shame on you Trashmerica.

To be fair, it is doing extremely well on its own right. And it has a shot at outlegging DH2..... a small one, though.

(Unless the sequel you're referring to is Ragnarok, in which I disagree being shit, but to each their own :ph34r:)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

To be fair, it is doing extremely well on its own right. And it has a shot at outlegging DH2..... a small one, though.

(Unless the sequel you're referring to is Ragnarok, in which I disagree being shit, but to each their own :ph34r:)

I liked Ragnarok a lot.

Murder is SMASHING here, nearly every theater sold out tonight. :ohmygod:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, CJohn said:

MOTOE deserved more than to be beaten by a shit ass sequel to a shit ass movie. Shame on you Trashmerica.

CJohn, the non-sheep enlightened Portuguese man trashing on a movie and its sequel that he has never seen because Tomato Law told him it is a shit movie. :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Disbelief 1

4 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I liked Ragnarok a lot.

Murder is SMASHING here, nearly every theater sold out tonight. :ohmygod:

6zeve8L.gif

I will watch it in the near future, for sure (can't do it quite now, though). Love me some murder mysteries (and Agatha Christie is the mother of those), and Daisy :wub:  Branagh is a talented director too, and the cast besides Daisy is absolutely spectacular on paper.

4 minutes ago, B D Joe said:

Ragnorak is turning out to be a divisive movie.

Not really, the majority of wom seems positive. Iron Man 3 was a divisive movie, Man Of Steel was a divisive movie. Those were divisive from the absolute get go. This to me surely doesn't seem like either.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Sir Ken hopefully putting some coins to the side to fund his next Shakespeare masterpiece/flop.

Probably another 10 years before he'll think to do King Lear. Maybe he'll do the Henry Cinematic Universe with the Henry VI Trilogy

Or he can do the Henry IV prequel double-bill and use CGI to de-age himself back to his Henry V days :jeb!:

• Like 1