kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

2 hours ago, Gazer365 said:

I think the embargo lifts a day before it opens in theaters. There were already some social media reactions posted in this topic a few pages back that weren't too favorable. 

Thats a really bad sign, the reviews from overseas confirm this

If its more Fant4stic-like Bad and less TASM2-bad, then it will collapse very fast after OW and the OW itself could have a very bad internal multiplier.

Edited by Brainbug

I doubt Morbius is Fant4stic-like bad.  Fant4stic wasn't just a bad movie. It was a very, very troubled production that included fights between the director and casts, with the director getting kicked out during production. 

Morbius might be just a weak and mediocre flick, though perfectly watchable. Hell, Dark Phoenix was watchable imo.

If Morbius does exactly what Dark Phoenix did worldwide, it'll be a sucess.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I doubt Morbius is Fant4stic-like bad.  Fant4stic wasn't just a bad movie. It was a very, very troubled production that included fights between the director and casts, with the director getting kicked out during production. 

Morbius might be just a weak and mediocre flick, though perfectly watchable. Hell, Dark Phoenix was watchable imo.

Its in a better position concerning its budget. Wikipedia lists it at 75M, which would mean that this film has quite a lower bar for "saving itself" than a film like Dark Phoenix (200M budget).

7 hours ago, wildphantom said:

As somebody who relatively loathed the last Venom movie, if this is worse then I’m actually even more interested than I was. I almost cannot believe anything could be possibly worse than that. 

Why do we put ourselves through these things?  glutton for punishment. 

Space Force Reaction GIF

I don't.

I did not like the first Venom film, so after the reviews  I did not waste my time or money on the second. (Time was more important).

SO willl not be wasting two hours I will not get back over this.

Oh, I suspect it might make a modest profit....Sony showed good judgement in keeping it's budget low by CBM standards...but I doubt it will send the Spideyverse into orbit.

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I don't.

I did not like the first Venom film, so after the reviews  I did not waste my time or money on the second. (Time was more important).

SO willl not be wasting two hours I will not get back over this.

Oh, I suspect it might make a modest profit....Sony showed good judgement in keeping it's budget low by CBM standards...but I doubt it will send the Spideyverse into orbit.

I wish I was that strong, but I think it’s one I’ll have to see for myself at an early morning show. 

I certainly anticipate if the RT scores are awful it will mean people seeing the movie and saying ‘it’s not THAT bad’ like that’s some sort of badge of honour - just like what happened with Venom. 

4 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

I wish I was that strong, but I think it’s one I’ll have to see for myself at an early morning show. 

I certainly anticipate if the RT scores are awful it will mean people seeing the movie and saying ‘it’s not THAT bad’ like that’s some sort of badge of honour - just like what happened with Venom. 

It not a case of being strong;it's a case of A; I feel no overwelming urge to see everny CBM that comes along and 

B: Whne you reach the age I have, and you find out you are closer to the end then the beginning; you begin to be more careful about how you spend your time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is it tho? Maybe by the numbers. This thing breaks even at 185M. 

But is it good for a Marvel movie, for a company that is desperately trying to build a Sinister Six without any logic whatsoever? Is it good for a movie that is a hype buildup? Honestly this Sinister Six is not exciting already with all this... lack of care and patience to build... ignoring any kind of logic. 

49 minutes ago, ImNotRacistAtAll said:

Is it tho? Maybe by the numbers. This thing breaks even at 185M. 

But is it good for a Marvel movie, for a company that is desperately trying to build a Sinister Six without any logic whatsoever? Is it good for a movie that is a hype buildup? Honestly this Sinister Six is not exciting already with all this... lack of care and patience to build... ignoring any kind of logic. 

And Morbius was not a Sinister Six level villian. He was a second level Spidey villian at best. 

T

• Like 1

Oh this was teeeerrible :hahaha:

EDIT: Just to add some more. It's as bad a film as has ever been made in the comic book genre - and edited to within an inch of its life. Things are set up that never gets paid off, things seem to be paid off that never got set up. It's a film with only the laziest plotting that completely lacks a vision or purpose.

Edited by Lucas
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1