kayumanggi

MORBIUS | April 1 2022 | Sony | Returns to 1000+ theaters June 3rd because we live in a simulation

6 hours ago, Cruel Summer said:

is this even a marvel movie??? it seems like one of thse PRODUCED by tarantino movies they try to sell as if he made it but this  case with marvel brand name

Marvel Studios has nothing to do with it's production. Feige has

kept  the Spicerverse spinoffs at arms length.

• Like 1

This is about 2 weeks out now, how we feeling about this? I'm not feeling too confident about it's potential, the very first trailer released in January of 2020 and the movie has been pushed back several times now. The character itself doesn't seem to be too popular nor is the main actor Jared Leto, the curiosity doesn't seem to be there from most people as far as I can tell.

The only advantage this has that I can think of is that it's coming out right at the beginning of the April. I can see it having a decent opening weekend, but as of right now I don't think it'll have strong legs as it has very little room to breath with movies such as Sonic 2 and Fantastic Beasts 3 coming out right behind it. 

Edited by clockwork

6 hours ago, clockwork said:

This is about 2 weeks out now, how we feeling about this? I'm not feeling too confident about it's potential, the very first trailer released in January of 2020 and the movie has been pushed back several times now. The character itself doesn't seem to be too popular nor is the main actor Jared Leto, the curiosity doesn't seem to be there from most people as far as I can tell.

The only advantage this has that I can think of is that it's coming out right at the beginning of the April. I can see it having a decent opening weekend, but as of right now I don't think it'll have strong legs as it has very little room to breath with movies such as Sonic 2 and Fantastic Beasts 3 coming out right behind it. 

You guys do realize most of the pushbacks are pandemic ones right?

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Venom 2 was clearly meant to be before NWH. 

I mean yes, but Venoms tie in to No Way Home is literally just a few seconds at the end (it also doesn't make sense now that the movie is actually out: he sees Peter without his mask in Times Square but Peter is never unmasked during that scene). Plus the way it's presented, even without seeing Eddie arrive people could have easily followed it without seeing Venom 2.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

I mean yes, but Venoms tie in to No Way Home is literally just a few seconds at the end (it also doesn't make sense now that the movie is actually out: he sees Peter without his mask in Times Square but Peter is never unmasked during that scene). Plus the way it's presented, even without seeing Eddie arrive people could have easily followed it without seeing Venom 2.

the end credits scene for Venom 2 leads into the end credits scene for NWH so Venom 2 had to come first 

• Like 2