DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Not sure if this is a serious remark or not. It should be obvious TDK $535m in 2008 dollars and no 3D translates above Avengers $620 with 4 years of inflation and one of the largest 3D shares in history...

They’re about the same. TDK May have it beat it domestically, but it’s very very close. Worldwide it’s not even close. 

2 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

A rebooted Batman ‘done well’ is not coming close to 1.5 billion, I’ll take that bet(if I were a betting man) against anyone on this board. Excel ran the numbers of TDK and TDKR(which I don’t believe) around 1.2 billion, still far short of 1.5 billion. It’s not happening. A rebooted Spider-Man film ‘done well’ with the addition of Iron Man didn’t even cross 900 million. Most people consider SH a tremendous success!! 

$1.2b without a bunch of factors that would easily be in its favor today...

8 minutes ago, DAR said:

I love the whole trilogy but more and more I gravitate to Batman Begins

Batman Begins isn't certainly my favorite of the trilogy (I'm a fan of all three), but it's certainly the best pure live-action "Batman" film we've gotten to date. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jay Hollywood said:

LOLOLOL

I said I think Thor will out gross JL OW/DOM and maybe even WW in the JL thread a month ago and they had to delete my post because I was a "troll" 

Just think theres a chance SUPERMAN RETURNS outsells JL in tickets Domestically overall. 

They should have listened to you.

Thor Ragnarok was blessed with The Goldblum.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

There's a great chance it won't even reach Superman Returns' adjusted total ($272M).

The decision to withhold superman from the marketing is looking very stupid. 

• Like 5

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

Batman Begins isn't certainly my favorite of the trilogy (I'm a fan of all three), but it's certainly the best pure live-action "Batman" film we've gotten to date. 

It's good though the 2nd half is pure popcorn action. The first draft of the script was better, Nolan rewrites were bizarre. 

4 minutes ago, B D Joe said:

Leaving Superman out was probably a mistake, but considering he was the most criticized element of BVS, maybe it wouldn't have made much of a difference.

What? Luthor was the only character to largely be hated on. I didn't hear many saying the characters or actors were BvS's issue...

1 hour ago, GambitPool said:

I'm rewatching MoS right now. I have such a love hate relationship with it, but if they could have built upon and improve the framework instead of rushing Batman and JL, I think things would have turned out better. The elements were there with the right changes. 

Agree. They easily could have made a good Man of Steel sequel and solo films from there. Jumping right into BvS was a terrible mistake

WB probably heard the backlash with the decision to reveal Doomsday in that spoiler-filled BvS trailer so perhaps they felt fans would be happy with them not spoiling Superman's appearance. Of course the problem with that is marketing Superman would of course help increase awareness while revealing Doomsday does little to help bring audiences in.

Or maybe they should have not killed Superman in the 2ND FILM! 

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1