DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

3 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

He only shows up for big movies. 

You’re in the industry. That’s disrespectful to all those people who worked hard on The Star and Wonder. 

• Haha 1

I don't get how it could open under WW.

First....what person who went to see WW on OW would skip this one?   So it should at least get 103m.   That's just the WW fans from its OW.

Now...didn't WW have great legs and great WoM?   Where are all those people?    Or was it just the same people going to see WW over and over?

That's not even counting Batman fans.    Superman fans (come on...everyone knew he was in it).   Flash fans from the TV show?   Game of Thrones fans of Momoa? (I went with one of those tonight)

Doesn't make sense.  I'm predicting JL blows away these low predictions.   If I'm right I'm going to brag forever.   If I'm wrong let's just pretend I never said anything.

Anyway.   It felt like a crowd pleaser to me tonight.   Laughs in all the right places.  "Exhilaration" all over the place.  I'm thinking good WoM for the weekend.   Theater was about 60-70% full for the 8:00pm show.  Seems similar to Thor 3.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Preview to OW multi of comparable movies and JL's OW if it has same multi. Using the 11-13 preview range here. 

Avengers - 11 - 121/143

WW - 9.4 - 103/122

CA:TWS - 9.33 - 102/121

logan - 9.3 - 102/121

DS - 9 - 99/117

Gotg2 - 8.6 - 95/112

Thor 3 - 8.46 - 93/110

Gotg1 - 8.4 - 92/109

SMH - 7.6 - 84/99

CW - 7.16 - 79/93

AoU - 6.9 - 76/90

SS - 6.5 - 72/86

BvS - 6 - 66/78

I am gonna say the multi will be somewhere in the range of SMH to Thor 3 which gives a high end of 110m OW with 13m previews. Although barring WW DCEU movies have been more frontloaded in terms of OW multipliers so I dont really know what to think

Posted this in JL thread

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

First....what person who went to see WW on OW would skip this one?   So it should at least get 103m.   That's just the WW fans from its OW.

Now...didn't WW have great legs and great WoM?   Where are all those people?    Or was it just the same people going to see WW over and over?

That's not even counting Batman fans.    Superman fans (come on...everyone knew he was in it).   Flash fans from the TV show?   Game of Thrones fans of Momoa? (I went with one of those tonight)

Doesn't make sense.  I'm predicting JL blows away these low predictions.   If I'm right I'm going to brag forever.   If I'm wrong let's just pretend I never said anything.

Anyway.   It felt like a crowd pleaser to me tonight.   Laughs in all the right places.  "Exhilaration" all over the place.  I'm thinking good WoM for the weekend.   Theater was about 60-70% full for the 8:00pm show.  Seems similar to Thor 3.

I imagine a lot of women who were interested in WW for the female empowerment aspect probably don't care nearly as much about seeing Justice League where WW splits duties with a bunch of other characters

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

BvS really burned a lot of people and this looked like more of the same. Plain and simple. Wonder Woman's success didn't matter cause the damage was done.