DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

4 and 1/2 years in the making. Nolan's Everest sized shadow proved too much to overcome. Rest in Peace, DCEU, you have taught many lessons.

john_hammond.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop

giphy.gif

To the death of a dream.

justice-league-movie-2017-cast1.jpg

3 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I don't get how it could open under WW.

First....what person who went to see WW on OW would skip this one?   So it should at least get 103m.   That's just the WW fans from its OW.

Now...didn't WW have great legs and great WoM?   Where are all those people?    Or was it just the same people going to see WW over and over?

That's not even counting Batman fans.    Superman fans (come on...everyone knew he was in it).   Flash fans from the TV show?   Game of Thrones fans of Momoa? (I went with one of those tonight)

Doesn't make sense.  I'm predicting JL blows away these low predictions.   If I'm right I'm going to brag forever.   If I'm wrong let's just pretend I never said anything.

Anyway.   It felt like a crowd pleaser to me tonight.   Laughs in all the right places.  "Exhilaration" all over the place.  I'm thinking good WoM for the weekend.   Theater was about 60-70% full for the 8:00pm show.  Seems similar to Thor 3.

WW was a cultural event for women.

Exactly zero percent of those women are excited to see Cyborg throw Aquaman at some bug alien against obvious green screen.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

First....what person who went to see WW on OW would skip this one?   So it should at least get 103m.   That's just the WW fans from its OW.

That one is easy to imagine the over 25 female quadrant that went in drove for Wonder woman:

Screen Engine/ComScore’s updated PostTrak shows more women than men watching Wonder Woman, 53% to 47%. Older women over 25 are still the predominant quad at 35%

IF that movie do not reach 103m, expect that quadrant to be much smaller, even if the movie does 115m I would not be surprised if that quadrant would make less than 36.05m of the box office. Justice League is much more geeky/nerdy in comparison.

Wonder Woman attracted audience that do not usually go see Superheroes movie at the theater, and that was not just about Wonder Woman being in the movie, being the main protagonist was a main reason for them to show up, grounded in some reality setting with WW1, the romance, the reviews and so on. It will not have a lower Thursday previews, but maybe a lower weekend (would be surprising if he does not reach 110m, but who knows).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, excel1 said:

4 and 1/2 years in the making. Nolan's Everest sized shadow proved too much to overcome. Rest in Peace, DCEU, you have taught many lessons.

john_hammond.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop

giphy.gif

To the death of a dream.

justice-league-movie-2017-cast1.jpg

If you think they're going to kill the DCEU after Wonder Woman, come on now.

7 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

I don't get how it could open under WW.

Now...didn't WW have great legs and great WoM?   Where are all those people?    Or was it just the same people going to see WW over and over?

[...]

Incorrect assumption to think nearly all WW fans would be interested in seeing JL. Yeah, same character, but different movies and different demographic draw.  After all it's called Justice League, not Wonder Woman 2.

I just got this email from the cinema 

Hi 

Thanks for seeing Justice League yesterday. We think it's even better the second time round, so make sure you come back and see it again.

We have lots of different ways you can experience the action. Travel first class at the movies and indulge in Gold Class. Or see it in Vmax with a BIGGER Screen, BIGGER seats and BIGGER Sound.

Get your tickets now to experience the heart-pounding action of Justice League a second time!

• Haha 1

Just now, DeeCee said:

I just got this email from the cinema 

Hi 

Thanks for seeing Justice League yesterday. We think it's even better the second time round, so make sure you come back and see it again.

We have lots of different ways you can experience the action. Travel first class at the movies and indulge in Gold Class. Or see it in Vmax with a BIGGER Screen, BIGGER seats and BIGGER Sound.

Get your tickets now to experience the heart-pounding action of Justice League a second time!

Image result for how do you do fellow kids

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Next time they should make the title "WONDER WOMAN and the JUSTICE LEAGUE"

It will work perfectly and they will make mad stacks of cash.

Justice League 2: The Crimes of WONDER WOMAN 

• Like 3
  • Astonished 2