DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

11 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If JL really does do sub-$100M this weekend, I think it goes without saying Coco will take #1 next week. Can't see that doing less than $45M for the three-day portion.

But..but..that would mean that SteveJaros's prediction of JL over Coco and Thor3 combined would be false. How can that be? Obviously Coco will make negative millions (people get paid to watch it) so that JL can go over Thor3  + Coco.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, a2knet said:

But..but..that would mean that SteveJaros's prediction of JL over Coco and Thor3 combined would be false. How can that be? Obviously Coco will make negative millions (people get paid to watch it) so that JL can go over Thor3  + Coco.

What if I told you that coco will outgross JL too.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, a2knet said:

Fox last year, WB this year to SteveJaros:

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

We really need him to predict something like 200 million total for the Last Jedi

Just now, damnitgeorge08 said:

What if I told you that coco will outgross JL too.

I doubt it but that would be Zootopia beating BVS all over again :lol:.

Right now I don't think Coco can go higher than 250 though or that JL can fall below that.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I'm expecting wonder woman type of thing with coco. Instead of women, latino citizens.

If Coco has Zootopia like reception anything can happen. Thor3 will already be putting in smaller numbers when Coco opens and after JL there's no big movie apart from SW8. Last year Moana had to contend with Sing, and ended up going under it. This year it's Ferdinand that will take some away from Coco, but a greatly received Coco can target 275+ imo.

edit: I recently went with 140-150m for Coco in a couple of clubs. Am still thinking "only" 175-225 on the higher side btw.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2

Just now, DAR said:

I'm not using this as an excuse but would Moviepass have any effect on these numbers?  (Keep in mind I think it's a <1% it would)

No. The MoviePass is still revenue to the theaters/studios

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

No. The MoviePass is still revenue to the theaters/studios

Yeah, that's what I thought. And you can only use it the day of seeing the movie, which is annoying (I had to go out of pocket to purchase tickets for Justice League tomorrow night yesterday).

16 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Which reminds me, JarosJinxedIt is a flawless user name.