DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

JL forecast:

38M

30M (-21%)

21M (-30%)

89M Weekend

Remainder of this week: 41M (130M Total)

Nov 24: 55.2M (8.4M weekdays, 196.6M Total)

Dec 1: 13.6M (4M weekdays, 214.2M Total)

Dec 8: 6.5M (2M weekdays, 222.7M Total)

Dec 15: 2.7M (1.5M weekdays, 226.9M Total)

Dec 22: 800k (1M weekdays, 228.7M Total)

Dec 29: 800k (600k weekdays, 230.1M Total)

Final Total: 232M (2.6x)

Could this have a shorter theatrical run than BvS???

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

JL forecast:

38M

30M (-21%)

21M (-30%)

89M Weekend

Remainder of this week: 41M (130M Total)

Nov 24: 55.2M (8.4M weekdays, 196.6M Total)

Dec 1: 13.6M (4M weekdays, 214.2M Total)

Dec 8: 6.5M (2M weekdays, 222.7M Total)

Dec 15: 2.7M (1.5M weekdays, 226.9M Total)

Dec 22: 800k (1M weekdays, 228.7M Total)

Dec 29: 800k (600k weekdays, 230.1M Total)

Final Total: 232M (2.6x)

That would be roughly the same admissions as Batman and Robin then. For Justice League. 

It's actually too pathetic to even make fun of. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Which is precisely why it is incorrect to say that the quality and critical reception of a film will not affect the OW. 

It is hard to prove that it does, now quality seem to affect the saturday/sunday performance, word of mouth kicking in much faster, so yes now quality affect even the first weekend now starting the monday when people talk about the movie at work/school.

But it cannot affect the Thursday preview numbers that much, no one know if it is a good movie at that point (and that number told pretty much everything about JL), except indirectly, there will be a correlation with quality and the marketing material the distributor can work with (but that become strange, we can take every trailer/teaser and call that marketing and not movie quality and Suicide Squad and others movie can prove that).

Has for the critical reception, that is hard to tell if it affect the OW and by more than say 15% in extreme case, if you look at doing correlation between RT score and OW for example, you will need to do a lot of work to find a small one (isolate not just theater count obviously, but movie budget, release date, genre,  etc... to find a small one) it will not be an obvious one at all, at least not when a tried to do one and many other before me.

Legs and critical reception are much more obviously correlated (and that would be because audience taste and critics taste tend to be mostly the same for the blockbuster type and audience word of mouth is almost the same than the critical score and make them difficult to isolate one from the other)

Just now, Poseidon said:

I seriously didn't know that. I'm sorry in that case, @Sam, I thought you were going after my theory with the comment.

If so, the kid should consider a career in movie marketing.

And it shows how overpaid a lot of writers are. That line was just brilliant.

2 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

I seriously didn't know that. I'm sorry in that case, @Sam, I thought you were going after my theory with the comment.

If so, the kid should consider a career in movie marketing.

Well, not to be morbid but he was there cause of make-a-wish foundation so.... 

• Sad 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

If this pulls a 92.6M OW like I'm projecting and by some godforsaken miracle it has Fantastic Beasts legs, it still just barely gets ahead of Man of Steel (by like $200k, and considering there's 4 years of inflation...)

Yeah, inflation really changes the equation when you're talking about comparisons like that.

6 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I can't believe JL is selling like crazy here in Brazil. Again tons of sellouts for tomorrow. 1.1 million tickets sold in 2 days.

Unlike Warner Bros America, Warner Bros Brazil is making a good job and promoting the hell out of this movie. Even my mom wants to watch JL, and she only watched BVS (and disliked it, lol ). I'll be watching it again in the next hours. I had a great experience for the first time, despite a drunk guy screaming sometimes. Hopefully, no drunk people this time, lol.

That being sad, JL is paying the price for BVS and SS. You can't take your audience for granted. Wonder Woman was something different and was a prequel. But BVS and SS killed a lot of the hype for JL. 

Tickets are selling like crazy in Brazil because Brazil has always been behind on trends. They still think Batman and Superman are the most popular superheroes in the world.