DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think the issue with no stakes is that there were no consequences.

No one died and CA pretty much made up

I think War Machine should have died and Bucky should have been far more badly hurt to almost death.  

I can agree with that. I think they should have killed off War Machine or one of The Avengers members. Would have made the actual Civil War all the more damning, and would have had further implications for Infinity War.

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

I can agree with that. I think they should have killed off War Machine or one of The Avengers members. Would have made the actual Civil War all the more damning, and would have had further implications for Infinity War.

I agree it was like "oh cool Iron Man and Captain America are really giving it there all'

Movie ends with them making up

Really took that epic duel out the window....

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I agree it was like "oh cool Iron Man and Captain America are really giving it there all'

Movie ends with them making up

Really took that epic duel out the window....

It was a fairly anti-climatic ending. I'm really hoping they explore more of the Iron Man / Captain America feud in Infinity War. Could make for a good "character arc" for the two of them. 

Just got back from seeing JL

Definitely better than BvS by, like, a lot lol. Still thought it was good but not great. Felt a little thin on story and the villain was fairly uninteresting but the team dynamic worked pretty well. 

I thought Flash and Cyborg really stood out but Aquaman wasn’t as great as I thought he would be based on the trailers. 

I could definitely tell they had edited it down to get that 2hr mandated run time. A few scenes here and there felt short like there was more to them than what we got. However, I actually liked that. It kept the movie moving for the most part without any scenes that felt plodding and slowed things down. 

I thought the actions were pretty good especialy the one under the bay in the tunnel. Climax was good if a little too overly CGI. 

Overall I’ll give it a solid B

• Like 3