DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, Johnny Tran said:

I'ma bit different than some of my friends I guess.  I LOVED everything about Civil War expect the airport scene.  That is their favorite scene by far, it's a scene that I thought was cool the first time I saw it and now I hate it.  It doesn't fit with the rest of the tone of the movie IMO. 

I loved the pre-airport action scenes of CW. The on-foot chases and some of the hand to hand combat is great fun.

3 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

At the very least the visual of him should be a lot better. I think Brolin was like the first person on set doing mo cap stuff before anyone else. 

I hope so. I'm guessing they are waiting to release the trailer until the CGI is cleaned up. 

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

JL only got a B+ Cinemascore? Nearly every super hero movie always gets an A. I definitely expected it to do at least that especially with this one seeming to appeal more to kids.

I was thinking that too but then I remember Cinemascore is faulty and nobody should ever take it seriously. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I was thinking that too but then I remember Cinemascore is faulty and nobody should ever take it seriously. 

No Suicide Squad still did good off that, I'm just surprised. This movie felt like a GA hit. 

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, a2knet said:

I loved the pre-airport action scenes of CW. The on-foot chases and some of the hand to hand combat is great fun.

Yes of course that stuff felt a lot more like Winter Soldier.  The airport scene was is just so cheesy to me now and too light hearted and Spider-Man shoehorned in.  I don't like it. 

2 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Yeah, I was trying to be nice based on what happened before with a DC Movie.  

The reality is I thought the movie was complete shit and thought it might open to like $150m based on pity.  Should have trusted my eyes and the tracking but didn't want to break the hearts of fanboys that post over and over and over and over and over and over obsessively about the same crappy movie.  

Congrats, you follow a franchise with 1 well reviewed movie out of 5 made so far.  So proud!

DQoae.gif

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

JL only got a B+ Cinemascore? Nearly every super hero movie always gets an A. I definitely expected it to do at least that especially with this one seeming to appeal more to kids.

So much for this being a WOM hit.

2 hours ago, aabattery said:

Oh yeah. People were shitting on those social media numbers for MONTHS.

Guess they didn't mean nothing after all :ph34r:

Yeah I remember people laughing and mocking whenever Thor's social media buzz #'s were posted. Not laughing now are we

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

OW predictions in the winter game:

JJ-8: 173.5M

ZeeSoh: 170M

Alfred: 166M

Fancyarcher: 165M

Kalo: 165M

kayumanggi: 165M

Spaghetti: 165M

YourMother: 165M

Chasmmi: 162M

bcf26: 160M

DamienRoc: 160M

glassfairy: 155M

sakskidz: 155M

That One Guy: 155M

Empire: 154M

damnitgeorge08: 150M

The Panda: 150M

Simionski: 150M

WrathOfHan: 150M

aabattery: 145.69M

Telemachos: 145M

TalismanRing: 140M

Wrath: 135M

grey ghost: 115M

G5qk9T3IhrKlgabA70CpmkSEXS9-QMfxUgdEs7oY

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Nova said:

BOT will riot when Deadpool 2 is the highest grossing CBM of next year. 

I cannot wait for it. 

:ph34r:

When will WB try to copy this formula and make a comedy super hero film? Maybe they could get that Jack Black guy for GL.

Evening boosts will help out $39-$40 OD. $97-$100 million OW. Wonder will likely debut higher Friday, and the weekend will get matinee boost with $28-$33 million. Wonder will be a nice hold and be one of the surprises of the holiday season thus far. 

• Like 1