DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

The Justice League hate posts and ripping of "fanboys" is nice and all but the bottom line is that WB made a fuck ton of money this year and off the DCEU.  A movie like IT had production costs of $35M and went on to do $700M at the box office and every dumb motherfucker in the world wore a Pennywise costume.   Just like every chick last year with Harley Quinn. 

So yes,  WB should be congratulating themselves.  They wipe their asses with 20s and light their blunts with hunds.  Anyone "laughing" at WB is probably broke. 

What lie did I tell?  

Also, the term "fanboy"...   listen, everyone who watches DC movies...  they probably are also fans of Marvel.  I know myself I grew up a fan of Batman.  But also the X-Men. But also Green Lantern.  But also The Hulk.  etc.  

Congratulations...   you played yourself.  :lol: 

• Like 1

Another guess before rth or deadline gives their final update for the night:

13 - Th

27.8 - Fri

30.3 - Sat

20.9 - Sun

Kind of mind boggling that this is a realistic OW for justice league. 

I talked my brothers into going with me tomorrow. Just as excited to watch it again XD

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Evening boosts will help out $39-$40 OD. $97-$100 million OW. Wonder will likely debut higher Friday, and the weekend will get matinee boost with $28-$33 million. Wonder will be a nice hold and be one of the surprises of the holiday season thus far. 

$40M Friday for Justice League is still not enough to get into that $100M range. 

a 30% bump on Saturday over the actual Friday number ($27) in your $40M projection, and a 30% dip on Sunday, give you $99.7M

Given how frontloaded Friday was with previews, even if you go with $40M, I don't see it hitting those holds. 

Edited by kswiston

I thought 130 million was the floor for a Justice League movie. To hear it may not even clear 100 million, I don't have the words. BvS really did a number on the DCEU.  The marketing for JL didn't do that movie any favors either.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

I think what we are learning is that making an inter-connected universe on the big screen, like the one that exists in the comics, is not easy at all. What Disney/Marvel has done is absolutely amazing. Kevin Feige has done an outstanding job. Warner Bros is showing us how hard it really is.

And Universal

And Fox

And Sony(why won't they give up?:gold:, their attempts are the worst)

And soon Paramount(here to steal the throne from Sony)

5 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I actually believe this is possible. He's such a pop culture icon right now and the marketing leading up to that should be wild.

Infinity War is going to be the highest grossing movie of next year. Ya'll gotta stop pretending it's not. LoL. 

1 minute ago, somebody85 said:

I actually believe this is possible. He's such a pop culture icon right now and the marketing leading up to that should be wild.

I imagine it is not impossible, If Infinity war do between Ultron and Civil War (434m), Deadpool need a 363 to 435 jump (82 million or a bit over 22%)

R-rated passion of the Christ did 370m in 2004 after all, It 326m this year, Sniper 350m, that would maybe be the r-rated maximum, but maybe possible (even if it does sound very unlikely).

6 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I actually think Deadpool 2 is going to make quite a bit less than the first domestically. :unsure:

5-10% drop from DP1 gives 325-345 which is where I think it will land if the reception is good/very good (SM2 dropped a similar % from SM1).

10-15% drop gives it 290-310 with lesser wom. I don't think it will go below that.

Edited by a2knet

11 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

The Justice League hate posts and ripping of "fanboys" is nice and all but the bottom line is that WB made a fuck ton of money this year and off the DCEU.  A movie like IT had production costs of $35M and went on to do $700M at the box office and every dumb motherfucker in the world wore a Pennywise costume.   Just like every chick last year with Harley Quinn. 

So yes,  WB should be congratulating themselves.  They wipe their asses with 20s and light their blunts with hunds.  Anyone "laughing" at WB is probably broke. 

What lie did I tell?  

Also, the term "fanboy"...   listen, everyone who watches DC movies...  they probably are also fans of Marvel.  I know myself I grew up a fan of Batman.  But also the X-Men. But also Green Lantern.  But also The Hulk.  etc.  

Congratulations...   you played yourself.  :lol: 

You sound incredibly butthurt. 

q7_AEP.gif

3 minutes ago, Iron Raf said:

Infinity War is going to be the highest grossing movie of next year. Ya'll gotta stop pretending it's not. LoL. 

It probably will be. Disney knows how to market but I guess we'll see.

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I imagine it is not impossible, If Infinity war do between Ultron and Civil War (434m), Deadpool need a 363 to 435 jump (82 million or a bit over 22%)

R-rated passion of the Christ did 370m in 2004 after all, It 326m this year, Sniper 350m, that would maybe be the r-rated maximum, but maybe possible (even if it does sound very unlikely).

I dunno. Maybe not opening weekend but in the long run I could see it happening but yeah it's a long shot against IW.

7 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

I thought 130 million was the floor for a Justice League movie. To hear it may not even clear 100 million, I don't have the words. BvS really did a number on the DCEU.  The marketing for JL didn't do that movie any favors either.

I can't even watch BvS again. The ultimate edition really gave me a headache. The score was way too much at nearly 3 hours (or was it over it). I can't remember. And I would never watch the theatrical version again.

I usually love Hans Zimmer but not that movie.