DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Justice League won't be as frontloaded as Batman v. Superman or Suicide Squad, which opened on Good Friday and an early August Friday, respectively. That being said, with where the preview-free Friday stands, there's a chance it could miss $90 million for the weekend. We'll see how today goes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, B D Joe said:

Batman V. Superman being so child unfriendly hurt Justice League.

this. I remember my aunt was annoyed because she brought her kids to watch it and the younger one was scared shitless. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If this somehow manages to go as low as 80M, 200M is in jeopardy :hahaha: 

Batman Begins Domestically > Justice League domestically. How about  Dunkirk > Justice League 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia
  • Astonished 1

8 hours ago, Tauren Warlock said:

Is the $300 million budget for Justice League true?

That is super insane!! total budget could be close to $400 million if it's true. BvS cost $250 million. WB is overspending itself towards bankruptcy.

400m would be really small and that would make JL one of the most profitable movie of the year, big world release tentpole tend to go higher than that, Angel&Demon in 2009 total budget was almost 550m, Amazing Spider Man 2 total budget was around 580m

It is rare for a production budget to get has high has 50% of a movie total cost, the average is around 35%.

WB just had 3 really good year financially, including this one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

Justice League won't be as frontloaded as Batman v. Superman or Suicide Squad, which opened on Good Friday and an early August Friday, respectively. That being said, with where the preview-free Friday stands, there's a chance it could miss $90 million for the weekend. We'll see how today goes.

Yeah, also SS had the T-mobile shtick inflating the Friday. So dropped 41% on Sat. This is the first DCEU movie in November and should bit a little back loaded. (I think it will make it to low 90s ow if not more. Guessing 93-94.)

1 minute ago, franfar said:

JL has more competition than BvS did; Coco and TLJ are coming out soon. Could this have a worse multi than BvS?

Impossible. That movie had an unheard of sub-2.0 multiplier for a $150M+ opener. Justice League at least has a holiday weekend coming up, and while WOM isn't great, it's not nearly as toxic as it was for that movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, franfar said:

JL has more competition than BvS did; Coco and TLJ are coming out soon. Could this have a worse multi than BvS?

Worse multi than BvS is virtually impossible with the holiday season. 

2.4x is my guess. It can certainly go either way. But I don’t see something as bad as say 2.1/2.2

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Brainbug said:

This weekend for Justice League is like the equivalent of Brazils 1-7 loss against Germany in the World Cup 2014. It just keeps getting worse and everyone laughs at it :hahaha:

Sad and funny at the same time :insane:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

If SMH can thrive after 62% drop it's second weekend, Thor Ragnarok can survive a 65+% drop it's third weekend.

Especially with the holidays coming up.

I still think 320+ m DOM is on the table for Thor Ragnarok.

Thor will be fine

:cloud9:

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ban1o said:

this. I remember my aunt was annoyed because she brought her kids to watch it and the younger one was scared shitless. 

Yeah, I previewed the movie before showing my kids and knew in the first 5 minutes with Supes going after the terrorist that it wasn't kid-friendly.

It doesn't really get kid-friendly until the goofy third act but by then it's far too late to retain the child audience going forward. 

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This weekend for Justice League is like the equivalent of Brazils 1-7 loss against Germany in the World Cup 2014. It just keeps getting worse and everyone laughs at it :hahaha:

What a wonderful day that was

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Ironically, Brazil is the only country where the movie is overperforming and breaking records.