DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

• Founder / Operator
1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

@Shawn @EmpireCity have either of you heard anything regarding Lady Bird's TC next weekend? I would love for it to hit 2k theaters

I haven't unfortunately. Hopefully @EmpireCity has. Could definitely see a big jump though with so little new competition over the holiday.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Even if it falls a little short, nice call on $30m!

@WrathOfHan bo.com's report going to look like?

"Contrary to Justice League's disappointing numbers, the bright spot this weekend is Lionsgate's Wonder, which outperformed nearly all expectations to gross 9.65M on Friday. Nobody predicted higher than a high teens weekend, other than one genius in Box Office Theory Forums named WrathofHan."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I haven't unfortunately. Hopefully @EmpireCity has. Could definitely see a big jump though with so little new competition over the holiday.

After Roman Israel's performance this weekend, I question if it'll even get 1,500 theaters next week like Sony is reporting. Theaters won't want to keep that dud around for early December. Searchlight said Three Billboards will be in 600-800 theaters on December 1, but they should just pull a Battle of the Sexes/Gifted and go to 1,800+. That gives them a good three weeks in theaters before the onslaught of Christmas movies.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Just now, DAJK said:

@WrathOfHan bo.com's report going to look like?

"Contrary to Justice League's disappointing numbers, the bright spot this weekend is Lionsgate's Wonder, which outperformed nearly all expectations to gross 9.65M on Friday. Nobody predicted higher than a high teens weekend, other than one genius in Box Office Theory Forums named WrathofHan."

@Tower also predicted 30M in the Derby. It could be like the Split mention of the highest prediction being 35M :lol: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

No offense but Puerto Rico jokes right now feel inappropriate after what they faced and the inane mess of the US authorities response. Any local money should be aimed at Puerto Rico's reconstruction.

Disagree 100%. The Peurto Rico jokes are strictly about box office and will always have a place here.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Do you know how many theaters Man Who Invented Christmas will be in next weekend? I keep hearing differing statements about it going limited or wide over Thanksgiving.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

After Roman Israel's performance this weekend, I question if it'll even get 1,500 theaters next week like Sony is reporting. Theaters won't want to keep that dud around for early December. Searchlight said Three Billboards will be in 600-800 theaters on December 1, but they should just pull a Battle of the Sexes/Gifted and go to 1,800+. That gives them a good three weeks in theaters before the onslaught of Christmas movies.

I think Three Billboards is set for 400 theaters next weekend so they should take advantage of there being nothing the following weekend.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This is the most entertaining weekend thread since Jurassic World for me.

It has been fun. I'm not sure what's been my favorite part "JL OVER RAGNAROK AND COCO COMBINED" or "JL REDEEMING THE DCEU IN THE EYES OF GENERAL AUDIENCES", but it's been fun to watch.

1 minute ago, Christmas baumer said:

Disagree 100%. The Peurto Rico jokes are strictly about box office and will always have a place here.

Oh, allright, it's all about not ruining your fun when Puerto Rico is in ruins and could care less about a stupid funny book movie to save WB's ass.

1 minute ago, dashrendar44 said:

Oh, allright, it's all about not ruining your fun when Puerto Rico is in ruins and could care less about a stupid funny book movie to save WB's ass.

Lighten up Francis.

• Like 1

That’s a very disappointing OD for JL. BvS seems to have burned people on Snyder’s version of the characters. If not for WW and the fact that Aquaman is already done and no team ups are planned for a while, I would have said WB puts the universe on hiatus. But with the looser continuity going forward, I can see the franchise rebounding from JL. Even in the WSJ profile, the makers seemed eager to just get JL out of the way, though they definitely expected higher returns domestic.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Firepower said:

Or they didn't like WW much, it was just released in the right time and circumstances, and that she added nothing to JL BO. Absoltely shitty BO of Professor Marston also confirms it.

It was leggy only in US.

Tell that to Tammy, it also had huge multiplier.

Who knows.

Why should I? We talk about multiplier and Tammy had x4.

aba2cb2eee8855bc76f3cfcf90bdcc6f--spray-

• Like 2