DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This weekend for Justice League is like the equivalent of Brazils 1-7 loss against Germany in the World Cup 2014. It just keeps getting worse and everyone laughs at it :hahaha:

That’s actually a pretty apt comparison lol. 

The 2014 Brazil vs. Germany was certainly a game for the ages. 

One of the thousands memes coming from that mess that stuck with me most was this one 

Jim-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

This weekend for Justice League is like the equivalent of Brazils 1-7 loss against Germany in the World Cup 2014. It just keeps getting worse and everyone laughs at it :hahaha:

Do you have to remind me? Gods, I remember that game Vividly.

6 minutes ago, Carlangonz said:

Ironically, Brazil is the only country where the movie is overperforming and breaking records.

DC fans and Snyder fanboys will venerate Brazil forever :bourne:

By the way, many of the Marvel haters here come from Brazil, and they're weirdly silencious these days :sparta:

Edited by Fullbuster

5 minutes ago, Sam said:

That’s actually a pretty apt comparison lol. 

The 2014 Brazil vs. Germany was certainly a game for the ages. 

One of the thousands memes coming from that mess that stuck with me most was this one 

Jim-1.jpg

1zm3a1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, I just got home from watching JL...and it's likely not gonna have better legs than FB last year (that would be my max guesstimation)...it appeals to kids, but not in the wide demo of kids you'd like it to appeal to - it hits a home run for boys 7-12, but for girls, it gets more of a "it's good" reaction, which if it's just "it's good", well let's watch Wonder, Coco, or The Star b/c mom will like it better.  And that's the 2nd issue - mom will like all 3 of those movies better.  While this is not nearly the off-putting nature of BvS, it doesn't have a lot for adult female fans.  You could tell the JL creators had no idea WW was gonna be a hit, and tried to shoehorn a few extra scenes for her...and those scenes work, but it's not enough...

So, what did my fam think...well, glad you asked...only my spouse and I watched BvS, so we are the only ones "tainted" going in...

Spouse - B

Me - B-

DD1 - A-

DD2 - B

DS 1 (aka kid #3) - A+

DS 2 - A

I think RT.com and critics were too rough.  For me, this was the 2nd best of the DCEU...and in that DCEU, there are 3 obvious tiers - WW (A-) is 1st tier, JL (B-) and MOS (C+) is 2nd tier, and SS (D-) and BVS (F) are 3rd tier.  This movie was good enough for a just fresh rating...it has a well-paced and sensible plot, but one with obvious holes, it has good characterization and interaction (although, note, I hated Aquaman the most, so that movie...so not sure about that one now), it has a crappy villain and CGI looked video game like too much, it gives the heroes all something to do in fights that matter (my big beef with many Avengers movies) and it pays off BvS (although do you want to be reminded - see that's good and bad).  I will say, it was a totally enjoyable family experience and I pay the most for that.  But, my family likes superheroes and reads comics and watches Teen Titans Go...so if we didn't enjoy this, man it would be BvS all over again.

As for where they should go - 2nd credit scene - just no.  Honestly, having seen the movie, I totally think a Batman introduce movie with Nightwing, Cyborg, and Flash (and Deathstroke) would obviously be the best place to go for a little mini Titans action.  I can even write the script - looking to find a way to break the JL power team, you go after those weaker and closer to the heavy hitters to break them...how you do that, I don't care...but Cyborg and Flash both really worked for me here, and teaming them with Nightwing in Bludhaven (b/c Bats sends them there to train with a better hero than he ever could be - yes, that WW letter thing can work twice) would let you toss pretty much everyone else for now and work on building a little street-level world...      

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The League will Unite for its last stand :

the fight for 250m domestic and 700m WW.

In what universe is this going to hit $250m with a $95m-ish weekend? And $700m how? 

It's likely going to finish around $650m and $215m DOM.

• Like 1

Just now, Noctis said:

In what universe is this going to hit $250m with a $95m-ish weekend? And $700m how? 

It's likely going to finish around $650m and $215m DOM.

That would be under Ice Age: The Meltdown, an oddly apropiate titel in that situation :hahaha:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Think he tapped out over the run time :D

Yes, he said the movie wouldn't be good after learning about the runtime, he lost hope before the release. Still, I'm sure he wanted it to be a success, not this!

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Also I’m officially on the Black Panther is going to make a shit ton of money bandwagon. 

$350M+ is happening, in my opinion 

Unless it turns out to somehow be a "disaster" (at this point, it seems unlikely), I'm also on the Black Panther 300m+ train. Legs could be great.