DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

I love how 2 of our most valuable insiders are quite different in their personalities.

One seems chill and playful while the other is savage af. It’s a pretty great balance lol.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Christmas baumer said:

I'm going to get a little hopeful and optimistic.

I think the late shows pick up some and we end up with 42 Friday.

Then I think the WOM will help it have a 30% Saturday increase to 37.7

Sunday has a nice drop of 29% to 27 mill.

106.7 mill OW.  Not good at all, but hopefully the legs on this reflect what I've been hearing from people who have seen it.  Hoping for a 2.6-2.7X.

285 mill is bad but not disastrous, if it can do well internationally.

Is this too optimistic?  Maybe.

Regardless of the box office outcome, sometimes being a little bit "too optimistic" is fine. Constant negativity and doom and gloom isn't a good thing for anyone, especially when it comes to the box office. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

It's pretty early to already be saying TR dropped 64% this weekend. Deadline's math seems pretty wonky since it already had a better jump than DS's 3rd Friday. The low end of their Friday range gives it 22m if it follows DS and the high end gives it 24.5. So not sure where -64% is coming from. 

It's got 3 more family movie competitors it didn't have before...and it's getting late showings stolen for the openers...so it's not just a matter of losing the expensive screens this weekend when you compute the multiplier...

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

I think that's a good sign, pal. I hadn't read your post, but I'm happy we share the same vision.

Solo movies are a priority now. WB can esily recover if they really want to. 

Solo movies should've always been the priority and I've said numerous times that is how they should've done it. The just wanted to do something unconventional to separate themselves from the competition who were the first movers in the comic book movie universe game. BvS should've been a Batman solo, SS should've been Man of Steel 2 and JL should've been Aquaman.

7 minutes ago, Brinatico said:

Don't be surprise if make 42M+ tonite, and more than 100s weekend... here in Miami is  selling very well. Lots of sellouts 

I won’t be as my thoughts have always been this film appeals to families.

3 hours ago, DeeCee said:

And my cars been stolen or I went to the wrong level of the parking station. 

Oh no, don't say that.  That would suck.  

From a box office perspective, if JL does open as low as is being predicted from the estimates we have seen, then the rest of November and December is wide open for Thor 3 to rebound, and for Coco and TLJ to have no major competition. Disney is in great position to clean up at the box office for the next 6 weeks.

I remember when a self-proclaimed "Disney lover" said that JL would beat Thor:R + Coco at the BO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Regardless of the box office outcome, sometimes being a little bit "too optimistic" is fine. Constant negativity and doom and gloom isn't a good thing for anyone, especially when it comes to the box office. 

Amen - and optimism is already working for the other 2 openers, so who's to say it can't pick up the 3rd a little:)...

• Like 1