DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Also, what happened to Justice League is actually a good thing.  The DC crowd and general audience both sent a message you can't keep making shit movies and expect people to come out.  

Now they will be forced to clean house and actually have a real vision and not simply a reaction to the success of others and freak out of Nolan exiting the building. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

These should be the DC movies going forward which will take at least 5 years:

1. Aquaman

2. Shazam

3. Wonder Woman 2

4. The Batman

5. Man of Steel 2

6. Green Lantern

7. The Flash

After number 8 and beyond should be sequels to those 7 movies above. Simple!

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I'm being serious when I say that I would have given a much more honest opinion if not for what happened after I posted early about Wonder Woman (even though I was spot on with the opening and how it would do financially).  

I chickened out because the backlash I got was not worth it.  From now on I will be honest in my assessment no matter what.  

Always stick to your gut opinion/feeling; fuck what a few fanboys think. You're a very valuable user to have on this site and shouldn't be bending over for kindness. It's their fault for getting so obsessed over a goddamn movie.

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Are people expecting the Guardians meeting the Avengers gimmick to get people interested in Avengers 3 to match or out gross Ultron? 

Be honest, that is the thing I am looking foward to. 

You really think that's the main play here for Marvel ? It's the first part of a culmination movie. 10 years in the making. Avengers meeting Guardians is just a bonus. 

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

I feel like meltdowns over it pulling an IM2/SM2 are far more likely. 

Doing 93-98% of Deadpool would be a great and reasonable result really...

Films that are lighting in a bottle are historically very hard to replicate or even improve upon.

• Like 2

Just now, EmpireCity said:

Also, what happened to Justice League is actually a good thing.  The DC crowd and general audience both sent a message you can't keep making shit movies and expect people to come out.  

Now they will be forced to clean house and actually have a real vision and not simply a reaction to the success of others and freak out of Nolan exiting the building. 

Wasn't this same thing said for 2006's Superman Returns and 2011's Green Lantern?

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I feel like meltdowns over it pulling an IM2/SM2 are far more likely. 

Too many people expect it to do worse than the first which is completely understandable and probably what’s going to happen. That’s why I’m not expecting meltdowns if it does that. 

DC needs to just focus on solo films for the next few years. I can't wait for Wonder Woman 2 and I have high hopes for Aquaman & Shazam. Here's hoping we get a MOS2 and a solo Batman film with a new, younger actor!

Edited by El Gato

Just now, Rebeccas said:

I mean yes they have lots of great characters to play with but the Avengers aspect of it. Like the above characters would make for a very weird Avengers team lmao

That remains to be seen since those characters/actors have not had real interactions with each other yet. As far as their popularity with audiences, it's honestly a stronger lineup overall in that sense than the original was, even if none are quite on an Iron Man level. 

14 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

So the terrible quality of JL has nothing to do with it?

Nah, the quality of a movie, especially big movies like this, rarely has anything to do with a films OW. It comes down to marketing, and if the movie is a sequel, to how the previous movie was received.

Justice League is the sequel to BvS, not Wonder Woman or Suicide Squad, and this pretty much proves that BvS was basically despised by the GA.

Edited by Orestes

5 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

I agree, the failure is a good thing.

Just now, Orestes said:

Nah, the quality of a movie, especially big movies like this, rarely has anything to do with a films OW. It comes down to marketing, if the movie is a sequel, to how the previous movie was received. This pretty much proves that BvS was basically despised by the GA.

I mean I know it’s been said in this thread already but like the multiplier for BvS already confirmed that. The only people who didn’t see it that way were people who liked the movie and in their defense they probably felt like their opinion of the movie was being attacked when people would say the GA despised BvS (they did) which is why they would get defensive over it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Alaywas say what you want to say, I think its best you bring some insider knowledge as its mostly endless circular arguments here (:P )