DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

Just now, Rorschach said:

The fact that IT will have a bigger opening weekend than Justice League, a movie most people have been waiting their whole lives to see, is really a testament to how much of a monster opening weekend that film had. Especially for a movie opening at the beginning of September.

I'd say it's a testament of both that (and it is true: It's performance is box office history in every way)...... and also a testament of how much of a letdown, and dare I say a fiasco JL's opening really was.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Now, lol.

No one cares about star power from decades ago.

Her last giant box office year's was 2010 (2 movies above 200m the same year) not that long ago, she was still in the top 10 favorite domestic actress has recently has 2015:

http://www.theharrispoll.com/health-and-life/Tom-Hanks-Favorite-Movie-Star.html

The top 10 favorite actor among Americans adult was in 2015:

Hanks

Depp

Washington

John Wayne

Harrison Ford

Bullock

Lawrence

Eastwood

#9 : Brad Pitt/Julia Roberts

Money Monster did more than RDJ The Judge, why would Roberts be a box office poison ? And how can Wonder open that well with a box office poison in it ?

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Honestly...i wish Warner Bros would start a next big franchise (that isn’t DC-related) but with smaller budgets.

Like say.....they could have done more lighter & more family-appealing superhero franchises like.....a theatrical version of ”Ben 10” for example, done by people who knows how to make it stay true to it’s source material. Honestly....this was my dream wish that sadly hasn’t happened. Imagine how it would have fared if it was done by the right people at Hollywood.

Warner Bros could have had a more refreshing successes with other franchises for once.

You mean like The Conjuring?

8 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I'd say it's a testament of both that (and it is true: It's performance is box office history in every way)...... and also a testament of how much of a letdown, and dare I say a fiasco JL's opening really was.

I'd say it's a testament to the quality of those films. It's breakout opening wouldn't have happened if not for the film's quality, which in turn informed the film's great marketing. And vice versa with JL.

8 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Her last giant box office year's was 2010 (2 movies above 200m the same year) not that long ago, she was still in the top 10 favorite domestic actress has recently has 2015:

http://www.theharrispoll.com/health-and-life/Tom-Hanks-Favorite-Movie-Star.html

The top 10 favorite actor among Americans adult was in 2015:

Hanks

Depp

Washington

John Wayne

Harrison Ford

Bullock

Lawrence

Eastwood

#9 : Brad Pitt/Julia Roberts

Money Monster did more than RDJ The Judge, why would Roberts be a box office poison ? And how can Wonder open that well with a box office poison in it ?

I thought that was a mistake, but John Wayne has made the list every single year.   Like...he's the only name to never miss a single year.  Wow....dude has been dead since the 70s.   That's star power.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

So, speaking of Wonder, this is what one of my friends just posted..."Just saw Wonder with the boys! It is a "must see" for all families! Bring your tissues! It's one of the best movies I've seen in a while!"...so, does anyone have a $150M+ club for this yet, b/c the number of people jumping on and both agreeing and saying they need to bring their kids...man, this is gonna be the WOM monster coming out of the weekend...I mean when you get this feedback from someone who doesn't go to a lot of movies...and see the bandwagon effect...heck, I might be buying tickets for next weekend with a good enough deal (and my kids haven't read the book)...

And if you were wondering where all the 25+ ladies are, they are here...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Because they're not funny, entertaining, witty, or relatable. They're always so forced like they're trying so hard to entertain you. 

They sometimes bring up points that never occurred to me.

That's worth 2 minutes imo.

Edited by grey ghost

33 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You mean like The Conjuring?

That too, since it’s a horror-franchise, like IT will soon be as well. However...they also would have found successes with a more family friendly superhero-franchises like....well, the afore-mentioned brand ”Ben 10” but in live action. Imagine some good live kid actors for the roles and a strong & well written story and script, done by good people that easily know how to make good movies.

I’m very open to a new live action superhero franchise...as long as they can be handled right. And if a big franchise is done right and delivers the good....it would have lead to huge successes without relying on a oversized budget.

Why didn’t the guys at Warner Bros come up with this kind of idea earlier in the decade? I really want them to adapt some new brands, like how they did with LEGO.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, franfar said:

Geez I don't see that happening and am predicting that this gets somewhat of a boost today....but if his analysis does, yeah that would be horrible for DC.

I see the actuals are a slight raise from Deadlines final Friday number so predicting a better Saturday but I don't see this clearing 100 this weekend unless some miracle happens.

Edited by somebody85

53 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

True. That too.

And also....an even bigger creature feature-film like say...Jurassic World.

Jurassic World OD = $81.9M = :jeb!:

Justice League OD = $38.8M = :gold:

Batman may be cool to a crowd.....but people love dinosaurs even more. 😉

If you flipped the OW numbers of JW and JL, it would have made perfect sense to most people. 

That's what I love about box office too, it isn't always going to "make sense" ;)

1 hour ago, Rebeccas said:

John Campea is having a meltdown/denial over this  lol 

Campea and Grace Randolph love to report and discuss box office numbers, too bad they don't feel like taking their time to study it. 

How can he, at this point in time, still refuse to even believe the possibility of JL doing under 100M OW?

2 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

If you flipped the OW numbers of JW and JL, it would have made perfect sense to most people. 

That's what I love about box office too, it isn't always going to "make sense" ;)

Yeah, true. You got a point there. Since before 2015....nobody expected Jurassic World to open at $208M. It came off as an unexpected surprise to everyone.

That opening goes to show that DC/Marvel superhero-films aren’t the only ones that can open to massive numbers.

• Like 1