DeeCee

THE JUSTICE LEAGUE (and The Star and Wonder) WEEKEND THREAD | PREMIUM ACCOUNT SALE NOW LIVE | Weekend Actuals ~ JL 93.84M, W 27.54M, T:R 21.66M, DH2 14.43M, MOTOE 13.80M, TS 9.81M

1 minute ago, filmnerdjamie said:

Batman Begins got to $205M domestic by sheer force thanks to its glowing reviews/WOM.

Superman Returns got to $200M domestic by Warner Brothers dragging it there kicking and screaming to save face.

We could be in for the latter with Justice League.

Thanksgiving holiday boost should guarantee that it doesn't fall below $200m, regardless of fudge. But damn that is a really low goal to reach, especially compared to those other films after 11+ years of ticket price inflation. 

Mary Poppins: 300M

Aquaman: 180M

Mortal Engines: 160M

Bumblebee: 130M

Spider-Man: 80M

Bohemian Rhapsody: 70M

Emily Blunt is going to SLAY every other Christmas release :ohmygod: 

OTOH, Lin Manuel Miranda is going to be the king of Christmas :gold: 

Edited by WrathOfHan

Aquaman (if JL doesn't have great legs) will be the second highest grossing DCEU film domestically and WW it will either be first or second.

850M is my overall prediction. JL isn't the end of the world. They'll make more so enjoy them and let's stay positive.

I bet you all were expecting me to blow up  but I'm trying to keep it together. I will never annoyingly Stan a movie again. 

1 minute ago, FlashMaster659 said:

http://deadline.com/2017/11/star-wars-the-last-jedi-movie-pass-holiday-box-office-exhibition-1202210873/

Disney’s Episode VIII, Star Wars: The Last Jediis projected by industry insiders to open to $200M-plus, potentially becoming the second or third best opening ever at the domestic box office.

captain-obvious.jpg

• Like 3

http://deadline.com/2017/11/star-wars-the-last-jedi-movie-pass-holiday-box-office-exhibition-1202210873/

Disney’s Episode VIII, Star Wars: The Last Jediis projected by industry insiders to open to $200M-plus, potentially becoming the second or third best opening ever at the domestic box office.

Well, that's a no-brainer.

• Like 2

1zkhkh.jpg&key=61c83d220c02143968a762009

:P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Mary Poppins: 300M

Aquaman: 180M

Mortal Engines: 160M

Bumblebee: 130M

Spider-Man: 80M

Bohemian Rhapsody: 70M

Emily Blunt is going to SLAY every other Christmas release :ohmygod: 

OTOH, Lin Manuel Miranda is going to be the king of Christmas :gold: 

I think Mary Poppins can go 400+ honestly, depending on reception. It has the potential for WOM to run rampant with families from Xmas through all of January. Honestly, maybe it even shocks everyone and wins 2018 DOM if both IW and JW2 do a bit below expectations. 

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

I don't get what's so special about Aquaman. Why is everyone expecting it to do better than Justice League?

Only thing Aquaman has going for it is the same as Wonder Woman. Nilch expectations hence the filmmakers were left alone (to a degree) to do their thing and surprised everyone. 

4 minutes ago, FlashMaster659 said:

It's not gonna be 3rd. 2nd or 4th. If TLJ ends up 3rd that'll be quite something.

• Like 1