That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

Just now, That One Guy said:

That's the one scene that has me worried lmao.  If they cut it out I probably wouldn't think twice.

It's not a super long scene. Just don't eat peaches around your parents for a couple of months and you should be good.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

CMBYN isn't too bad. There wasn't anything super explicit IMO.

Except for the peach scene. That one would be pretty awkward. 

I'm looking forward to seeing that scene with an audience full of mostly unsuspecting seniors. :lol:

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

you mean these reviews :

Pretty sure you could do it in either direction, every reviewer has a bit of a different rotten bar, some people rate average movie 5/10, some other 6/10 and so on.

There is also 2.5/4 reviews rotten for Thor 3 and positive 2.5/4 for Justice league:

November 1, 2017
Superhero fans deserve better than this. Battles should have heart, danger, and consequences. The conflicts in Thor: Ragnarok are lacking in all three.
Full Review | Original Score: 2.5/4

Positive 2.5/4 for JL:

November 17, 2017
It's not a bad movie, but it is far from super.
Full Review | Original Score: 2.5/4

Would need to be from the same reviewers to be strange, otherwise that is very normal.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Several people involved in CMBYN tried the peach thing and said it works. I wonder if it works with other fruits......... 

Well, if Girls Trip is anything to go by, it probably doesn't work with grapefruit. ;)

Edited by filmlover

A C grade tends to be borderline.  I'd give Daddy's Home 2 and Thor: Ragnarok both a C, but I'd give Daddy's Home 2 a positive review and Thor Ragnarok a negative review because I like the other one slightly better.

Edited by That One Guy
#hottake

My predictions for the box office gross of Best Pic noms

Dunkirk: 195 (think it gets a lil re-release)

Get Out: 180 (Ditto)

The Post: 140

The Shape of Water: 85

Darkest Hour: 65

Three Billboards: 60

Lady Bird: 50

Call Me By Your Name: 40

Mudbound: Nothing, because Netflix

Alt: I, Tonya: 45

Solid year, better than 2016 and on par with 2015, not like 2012 or 2013 though. Get Out would give it alot of cultural cache and bring in a younger, more diverse audience if it's a clear player, IMO. Dunkirk helps too, but Maritan/Mad Max were big hits like that which didn't bring it alot of eyes.

• Like 1

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

My predictions for the box office gross of Best Pic noms

Dunkirk: 195 (think it gets a lil re-release)

Get Out: 180 (Ditto)

The Post: 140

The Shape of Water: 85

Darkest Hour: 65

Three Billboards: 60

Lady Bird: 50

Call Me By Your Name: 40

Mudbound: Nothing, because Netflix

Alt: I, Tonya: 45

Solid year, better than 2016 and on par with 2015, not like 2012 or 2013 though. Get Out would give it alot of cultural cache and bring in a younger, more diverse audience if it's a clear player, IMO. Dunkirk helps too, but Maritan/Mad Max were big hits like that which didn't bring it alot of eyes.

I'm actually thinking The Shape of Water is gonna struggle to find a really big audience in expansion. It's been fading as a major contender, plus it's bound to look too weird to some.

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm actually thinking The Shape of Water is gonna struggle to find a really big audience in expansion. It's been fading as a major contender, plus it's bound to look too weird to some.

nope it's gonna be huge. people everywhere will be drowning themselves when they run into the ocean after seeing the film, just desperate to fuck a fish.

• Like 1