That One Girl

5-Day Weekend Thread | Saturday #s (Asgard p.109) - Coco 17.7, Justice League 15.7, Wonder 8.3, Thor: Ragnarok 6.4, Daddy's Home 2 5.3

1 minute ago, mredman said:

shouldn't you too. A 4% increase is not much different than 1% decrease.

Just now, That One Guy said:

alright you want me to tell you the difference?

-JL's Wednesday, if it follows DHD's estimated daily increases/decreases for Thanksgiving weekend, gets it to a -53% drop for the 3-day

-Wonder's Wednesday, if it follows DHD's estimated daily increases/decreases for Thanksgiving weekend, gets it to a 5% increase for the 3-day

This.

15 minutes ago, mredman said:

shouldn't you too. A 4% increase is not much different than 1% decrease.

I know you are dense but are you really doing this?  Are you going to completely ignore how JL is having way worse holds than relatively comparable movies like Mockingjay 2 and Fantastic Beasts from the last 2 years?  Are you going to completely ignore that Wonder had a ridiculously good Monday hold (when Justice League's was worse than most we have seen in recent years), that even with its insane Monday hold it still had a better increase on Tuesday than JL and despite its great Monday hold and its bigger Tuesday increase it still increased yesterday rather than decreased?  Or how about that every movie in the top 5 had bigger Tuesday increases than JL and still increased yesterday? 

Sorry for the insult but once you call out people for looking at the actual numbers and calling people trolls for calling an objectively bad number bad you kind of deserve it.

Edited by SoSaysI
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Zeesoh saud TR would be lucky to get to 275 million by the weekend. It’ll exceed that mark easily. 

Wtf. I did not say it would be lucky to get to 275. Here is my exact quote from the Monday thread. Don't twist my words

Should be about 275 by Sunday. If it follows exact drops as DS it will be at 277.5 but its drops have been slightly higher than DS so thats why I am going with 275

Mods - it is obvious that Mredman is taking all of this way too personally when there isn't any bias regarding the Wednesday numbers. 

The least biased person in this thread laid out a Sunday through Wednesday comparison showing how JL is doing poorly and he still decries the board as being full of haters. Something should be done about this because if someone was acting this way say about star wars it would be squashed already. 

• Like 8

@Christmas baumer not sure why you think most of us aren't being objective? So far there is nothing to indicate that JL is having anything other than poor wom and an increase ala MJ2 is the best case scenario now considering it' going to dip at least-25% today which puts the Friday number closer to 16m, if it increases over 100%. 

I know you like the film but I think you are letting it cloud your judgment the same way your dislike for Thor clouded your predictions there. 

• Like 6

Was Bad Moms the only other movie to drop on Wed aside from JL, at least in the top 10? I'm guessing that has to do with the audience for BM being mostly adult women, and adult women being the ones doing most of the Thanksgiving cooking taking Wed night to get a head start. (as someone who also does most of the cooking, its what I did.)

Edited by Orestes
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orestes said:

Was Bad Moms the only other movie to drop on Wed aside from JL, at least in the top 10? I'm guessing that has to do with the audience for BM being mostly adult women, and adult women being the ones doing most of the Thanksgiving cooking taking Wed night to get a head start. (as someone who also does most of the cooking, its what I did.)

It also lost 642 theaters

Warner Bros is paying the price for what they did with BVS and SS. Third time is a charm. JL is much, much better than BVS and SS, but a price has to be paid.

Yeah, bad movies can also make a ton of money ( like the Transformers movies ), but a price has to be paid. JL is "DC's The Last Knight of the series". At some point, audiences will drop it.

I really loved Justice League, though perhaps its failure is gonna send a message to WB. Let's hope they finally get it. NO Snyder, NO Snyder and NO Snyder. I like the guy, but he's very, very divisive. You can't have a divisive dude giving 3 divisive movies and expect people to flock theaters to watch them.  

• Like 5