DeeCee

Episode IV:A NEW MOUSE | DISNEY | IT IS DONE

20 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Like you guys give a crap when you support the globalist agenda that causes millions of jobs to be outsourced.

Most study show that despite hurting specific sector globalization added jobs (there is never been more jobs than now, people never been has rich either and I am talking median not average numbers boosted by the 1%).

A support of country specialization, like it happened to individual and cities make a lot of senses to people, it is not a wish for less things.

• Like 1

Just now, somebody85 said:

I never said I was over the moon happy over this. I said I was optimistic but cautious. 

I live like an hour from Disney. So yeah, I know who they are and how they can treat their employees.

I would rather Disney buy them than Comcast.

It’d face the same issues if it was Comcast anyway. They have Universal Studios and theme parks, same as Disney. They also have Focus Pictures, so it’s doubtful Searchlight would survive that scenario. So major job losses would happen there too. I agree that deals like this aren’t the best for the industry, but they’re happening regardless of what consumers think. It’s kinda crazy how everything snowballed to this point, but I’d like to hope for the best. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Tbh, I know Iger says they intend to keep Fox Searchlight but 10 years down the road, I'm not so sure they'll necessarily have the same opinion on that.

Any negative effects from the buyout is going to be the slow poison kind. It's not going to be an immediate shift of "HEY, THIS IS ALL GONE NOW." Some places will get shuttered due to redundancy over a period of time, and things will slowly creep more and more and by then, the outrage from the buyout will have long dissipated. 

I think as long as Fox Searchlight stays in the awards conversation each year, they'll keep it. Disney probably wants to start getting more awards-y films under their belt, and they obviously won't pursue that under their actual brand.

• Like 1

As long as there is a demand for indie like productions and smaller films, some film studio will be there to produce them. You guys seriously should look at all the stuff that comes out weekly straight to On Demand or Bluray.

If companies spent money on putting trailers out for Netflix stuff like Stranger Things on broadcast TV etc but had them release on streaming instead of theaters....I don't see how the quality of those films would be effected?

Just now, filmlover said:

I think as long as Fox Searchlight stays in the awards conversation each year, they'll keep it. Disney probably wants to start getting more awards-y films under their belt, and they obviously won't pursue that under their actual brand.

Ever since Disney sold Miramax and mothballed Touchstone, they haven't had a specialty studio so Searchlight actually works for them. 

2 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, how can you be so sure people will lose these jobs? And particualrly thousands of people? It's not like they announced this in the deal.

Because it happens with every job merger. If two tech companies merge some people jobs will be brought over but others will loose there jobs. If Dell mergered with HP. Do you think everyone would keep those jobs?  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I suspect CBS and Viacom will remerge next and Sony Corporation will sell off Sony Pictures. The Columbia and Tristar Library would be very appealing to any buyer, I suspect Disney won't buy Sony but I could see interest from AT&T should the TimeWarner deal go through or possibly if CBS doesn't remerge with Viacom, I could see them acquiring Sony.

Are Spider-Man film rights transferable? 

Also can't wait for Universal to buy Paramount so we  can see Vin Diesel in the next Transformers movie. 

9 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

The quality of the product consumer was receive will go down?  There's really no way to determine that.  In all actuality, consumers seem to be liking Disney's stuff quite a bit (plus reviews are usually fairly glowing for most of their releases), I don't see how Disney is going to hurt Fox's film quality.  We already know they intend to keep Deadpool R, so they won't be watering down adult properties.

I would not give much weight to any early talks, in 10-15 year's it would be clearer, they didn't announced they will be closing Lucas Art games studio before the deal went through.

Deadpool already had the marvel logo and was already R, it is not necessarily relevant to what will happen in 2025 has new projects.

Has for liking Disney stuff, last non franchise live action Disney made that people liked quite a bit ? No one worries for how Disney will handle the acquired franchise stuff I think, they have a good track record at that, but since the first Pirates of the Caribbean it is hard to point to a successful live action Disney stuff.

3 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

It’d face the same issues if it was Comcast anyway. They have Universal Studios and theme parks, same as Disney. They also have Focus Pictures, so it’s doubtful Searchlight would survive that scenario. So major job losses would happen there too. I agree that deals like this aren’t the best for the industry, but they’re happening regardless of what consumers think. It’s kinda crazy how everything snowballed to this point, but I’d like to hope for the best. 

Exactly. There's nothing you can do so why blame Disney? I would not have liked to see this happen with Comcast. At least Disney acquiring them comes with some positives. I can't see any with Comcast.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I suspect CBS and Viacom will remerge next and Sony Corporation will sell off Sony Pictures. The Columbia and Tristar Library would be very appealing to any buyer, I suspect Disney won't buy Sony but I could see interest from AT&T should the TimeWarner deal go through or possibly if CBS doesn't remerge with Viacom, I could see them acquiring Sony.

Are Spider-Man film rights transferable? 

Also can't wait for Universal to buy Paramount so we  can see Vin Diesel in the next Transformers movie. 

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Well, how can you be so sure people will lose these jobs? And particualrly thousands of people? It's not like they announced this in the deal.

Fullbuster I like you but this is a stupid comment.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Disney is talking about a possible 2 billion in cost saving in the announced deal, those giant cost saving usually involve jobs.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Most study show that despite hurting specific sector globalization added jobs (there is never been more jobs than now, people never been has rich either and I am talking median not average numbers boosted by the 1%).

A support of country specialization, like it happened to individual and cities make a lot of senses to people, it is not a wish for less things.

I remember about a recent study showing that most job losses happened because of automation,  not globalization. Lordmandeep is manipulated by the far right on that one.

13 minutes ago, The Last Panda said:

Further, had Disney not bought Fox Comcast likely would have and you'd risk Apple buying Disney.  Further vertically integrating communication markets and film studios.  That's worse for competition than we're getting with Disney buying Fox's film assets.

Who is to say that won't happen? Comcast could easily go buy the other studios (Sony/Paramount) and Apple could still easily buy Disney.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Perhaps. I know the Dreamworks deal didn't work out, and Miramax had its own things going on with Harvey but...it seems like Disney has a history of wanting it one year, and eventually they decide we can just funnel that money into something that'll be guaranteed more successful.

Side note but relevant I guess.

Remember Disneyland is 125 bucks a day... it was 45 in 2001. 1,100 a year

Knotts Berry farm is 92 bucks for a year,

Six flags is 85 a year. 

Cheapest hotel at the disney world cost more than a upper mid tier hotel at Universal orlando resort (which every single disney site agrees is nicer too) 

The disney theme park fans are mad disney has been getting cheaper* with there money every single year.  Penny pinching. 

They raised tickets every year for 15 years  at disneyland again, while as a whole they cut park hours, less operating hours,  and cut one show time per show a day, Less fireworks and such (too expensive)  Why did they cut all this, because China Disney went over budget. You can buy fox for 75 billion but have to make all our theme park close an hour earlier one year because your "tight" on cash. LOL. 

At Disneyland a report came out saying guest are getting on 15-20% less rides because of new pay for play fast past programs that slow up wait times... Do they care? Nope. fan sites complain every day but they doing it because spending is up.  

And Disney is a DICK to Anaheim. La times was right. Ive been following that story for almost a decade. 

Disney is also a HUGE dick to its theme park employees . You have to park off site, wait for a bus, get back stage and change before your allowed to clock in. you gotta show up 30 - 45 minutes early everyday unpaid to be on time. 

They decided NOT to build a closer parking garage for them for the last half decade because the city wouldn't give them a tax cut. Cry babies. they have the money. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I would not give much weight to any early talks, in 10-15 year's it would be clearer, they didn't announced they will be closing Lucas Art games studio before the deal went through.

To be fair, Lucas Arts was already on borrowed time well before the sale and were coasting off rereleases of their older games and subpar Star Wars games

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Fullbuster I like you but this is a stupid comment.

Look, I know that there will be some job losses but we don't know the extent of it or the investments Disney could make in some franchises. Opening new attractions in amusement parks having a Fox franchise as a theme could create jobs for example.

It's impossible to make a cost/benefits analysis at this point.

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Disney is talking about a possible 2 billion in cost saving in the announced deal, those giant cost saving usually involve jobs.

I know, I've been misunderstood here.