CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Well its off 22% from SW7, which Means around 50 million day business Friday. Looking at local theatres for Friday... That seems likely not to happen.

I see 55 million day business and 45 in previews to about a roughly 100 million opening day. 

Saturday Looks massive, as 10am AVX shows are already 50% full. So about 60 million Saturday and a harder Sunday drop of 20% of 48 million.

Looks like around 208 for now.

Edited by Lordmandeep

5 minutes ago, DeeReyEgonnnnn said:

Binary solo
Zero zero zero zero zero zero one
Zero zero zero zero zero zero one one
Zero zero zero zero zero zero one one one
Zero zero zero zero zero one one one one
Oh, oh,
Oh, one
Come on sucker,
Lick my battery

LMFAO I never Star Wars fans were so fucking dramatic. 

I'm devastated, I probably need therapy to recover from all this... Take the money and enjoy a nice restaurant visit with your loved ones, don't let the movie destroy everything you loved, cheered and sometimes cried for during your whole life. 

Burn in hell Disney, just burn.

lmfao another review

But that is not what Star Wars is about, and especially not what Star Wars Fans are about. We care deeply, and we weep for missed opportunities, and failed adaptations. We are very subjective, because we are invested, and because we love, and live Star Wars. So we were bound to get disappointed sometime, if not by this movie then by the next (or the Prequels, or TFA or ... any really). Maybe it was inevitable. But maybe the hardcore Fans are just a small percentage of all the people who are going to see the movie, so they...we are insignificant in the great picture. After all the movie business is just a business as any other, and its all about the money, money, money

I scence a darkness rising, and i think a storm's comming so 

May the force be with us all

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Noctis said:

LMFAO I never Star Wars fans were so fucking dramatic. 

lmfao another review

Reads like a Harry Potter fan after some of the books that came out. :ph34r:

Spoiler

SHOCK: Overdramatic fans are overdramatic ON THE INTERNET!  News At 11!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

RT audience score at 70% is pretty shocking for a movie with 94% approval from critics. Curious to see if that 70% number goes up or down once we get a larger sample of the voting public. 

It was 77% just a few hours ago. Many fans flat out hate it.

I kind of wanna see a rotten rating from the public. That would be amazing to see. Only for a bit then it can go up lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Noctis said:

It was 77% just a few hours ago. Many fans flat out hate it.

I kind of wanna see a rotten rating from the public. That would be amazing to see. Only for a bit then it can go up lol

Could end up a pretty interesting situation if we see that kind of split between critics and the public. Hail Caesar is an example of that. 

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

RT audience score at 70% is pretty shocking for a movie with 94% approval from critics. Curious to see if that 70% number goes up or down once we get a larger sample of the voting public. 

The fans are MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD. As soon as you see it you'll know why, too, haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

10 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

57,000 ratings is a pretty large sample already.

It will go up to around 200,000 so we will see.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

In my opinion, whoever is interested in watching this will watch it.

It is the repeat viewings that will suffer. 

Correct, which is why I think I will be close on my original 200/650 projection.

13 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Could end up a pretty interesting situation if we see that kind of split between critics and the public. Hail Caesar is an example of that. 

Yeah, but nobody saw Hail Caesar. 

• Haha 1