CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I think it can be helpful in trying to figure out if legs will be great or not.

No one would think based on a bunch of fanboys crying about Mandarin that IM3's legs would suck, but they did suck. There was pretty obvious "letdown" stuff about TDKR on the Internet after it came out and sure enough the legs were nowhere close to TDK. Likewise with Ultron compared to Avengers 1. On and on we could go with this.

Having said all of the above, I am curious to watch the legs on this movie. Should be interesting to see it play out. I will readily eat a ton of crow if this thing pulls a multiplier similar to Force Awakens. Rogue One multi (perhaps even lower) seems more likely.

My personal target (Note: not a benchmark for success or failure, just a mark I'm hoping it reaches) is $770M and a 3.5 multi.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, CJohn said:

LMFAO you didn't even needed to check anything :rofl: We are very predictable.

Yeah, hell, My Little Poney opened under frikking BOB THE BUILDER ffs which sold just over 2.200 tickets in 45 screens. That was an 60 minutes long movie!!! LOOK AT THIS SHIT:

maxresdefault.jpg

THIS SHIT OUTOPENED A MY LITTLE PONEY MOVIE OPENING IN THE HEART OF DECEMBER :rofl:

Bob, what the hell did they do to ya?

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

My personal target (Note: not a benchmark for success or failure, just a mark I'm hoping it reaches) is $770M and a 3.5 multi.

Same here! Does anyone with the skills / expertise for this think they could make a spreadsheet showing basically what that looks like? That would be so interesting. People did that with TFA and it was highly informative seeing if it was tracking ahead or below.

• Like 1

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

That would be a very nice result. It's all icing on the cake for Disney at this point.

Imagine the Top 3 Domestic in early 2020:

01. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
02. Star Wars: Episode IX
03. Star Wars: The Last Jedi

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Yeah despite being a fan of most of the comic book films recently it's cool that lower budgeted film still do good business every now and then, since the film market needs diversity. 

JL's box office shocked even me. I didn't see it coming, though there were signs. 

I love blockbusters but I can't watch them all the times so when we have success with lower budget films, it's a good thing. Everybody needs to have a balance of the big and the small films. 

TBH although I liked JL, I'm glad that it was Wonder Woman became the huge success for WB/DC and not JL.

21 minutes ago, CJohn said:

LMFAO you didn't even needed to check anything :rofl: We are very predictable.

Yeah, hell, My Little Poney opened under frikking BOB THE BUILDER ffs which sold just over 2.200 tickets in 45 screens. That was an 60 minutes long movie!!! LOOK AT THIS SHIT:

maxresdefault.jpg

THIS SHIT OUTOPENED A MY LITTLE PONEY MOVIE OPENING IN THE HEART OF DECEMBER :rofl:

The hell is up with those character designs? :winomg: #NotMyBobtheBuilder

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, I knew that Fifty Shades was the only other 1M opener of the year besides F8. Good God. Fuck you Portrashgal.

Hey, maybe hardcore Bob The Builder fans rushed to OW to listen to that theme song again :rofl: 

(Tbh the Portuguese version is catchy :ph34r:)

TLJ should win in the end in tickets sold as well since the difference is very small between both's OW. Fun fact: the same happened with the first Fifty Shades and The Force Awakens. Fifty Shades of Grey sold more tickets on OW but lost in €€€. In the end, TFA also beat it in total tickets sold.

Bob the Builder fans > Bronies :hahaha:

• Like 1

Future Paramount's flops:

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Lor San Tele said:

The obvious but overlooked thing about IMDB and RT votes is that no one cares except the obsessive diehards (and even then, only a subset of that group). It's not even a tempest in a teapot. 

It is literally pointless. Has anyone ever cared about this stuff unless they're trying to win some argument on the internet?

Care would be a strong word, but unknow movie in the IMDB top 250 was an entry door to explore movies filmography of a lot of people I would think and some system show you the IMDB score, RT votes (my flixter app did for example).

Now really care, I would imagine that if you care about a particular movie RT/IMDB score you will watch it no matter what making it absolutely useless yes, just a fodder to argument on the Internet because it is such subjective people leach to stuff that has number or letter they can use.