CJohn

THE LAST JEDI (and Ferdinand) WEEKEND THREAD | JEDI 220m, FERDINAND 13.3m, COCO 10m (official estimates) | ABSOLUTELY NO SPOILERS ALLOWED | SALE ON GOLD & PREMIUM ACCOUNTS IN FIRST POST

Just now, ecstasy said:

Ha Ha. I know. This is Star Wars though. Biggest fan base in the world, imo.

This is what Potter previews and TFA holds get it to:

90.9M Friday

52.1M Saturday

46.2M Sunday

189.2M Weekend

45M previews:

94M Friday

53.9M Saturday

47.8M Sunday

195.7M Weekend

A slightly better Friday multi and slightly better Saturday drop are all it'd need to hit 200M, but it wouldn't be locked.

Nearly half the theater showings in Greater Sacramento area for TLJ are sold out three hours out (73/163). RebWGyw.png

It would be even a higher percentage, but there are a buncha showings 1am and later  that are skewing things. :lol:

Edited by Porthos
'Nearly', not 'more than'. Whoops. :p

$198m OW

$650-$720m DOM

$763-$845m Overseas

$1413-$1565m World Wide

46% Dom.

54% Overseas.

Values above based on non disclosed highly accurate projections made by my naturally born non-artificial intelligence.

Star Wars Film Rankings.

#1. A New Hope

#2. Return Of The Jedi

#3. Revenge of the Sith

#4. The Empire Strikes Back

#5. The Phantom Menace

#6. Attack Of The Clones

//////...:chaplin: heart and soul lost :chaplin: .....///

#7. Rogue 1

#8. The Force Awakens

• Like 1

Leaving for work in half an hour. I'll let you guys know how the numbers at my theatre are as soon as I get a chance.

TFA did our equivalent of 47.5M previews here, Rogue One (if you don't include a Nissan rental, which I just included with Friday) did our equivalent of 30.5M.

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

No way this makes AOU numbers OW.

While the hype isn't TFA levels, it's still bigger than AOU, c'mon.

I think between 205 and 215 m is a safe bet.

My prediction is 210m (for the sake of my Winter Game it better be 226m though). While maybe not impossible, I think the below 200m predictions are a bit crazy. It's Star Wars, it's gonna appeal to everyone. The Saturday hold should be great.

• Like 1

7:45 Jedis are finishing with 68/78 for 3D and 54/78 for 2D.

Ferdinand didn't even move from earlier and finished with 13/126 for the night, which is two less than what The Star did :gold: Friday is looking encouraging at first glance, so I won't write it off yet. This deffo isn't encouraging tho.