grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

50%+ increase should have been expected looking at ‘06. It jumped right around what I predicted for today (55%). Predicted around 15% for sat and -50% for sun. That would put it around 76 for the weekend. Not great, not bad. Still won’t call 700 any kind of lock yet.

Edited by MovieMan89

7 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Do you find Jessica attractive or mainly just her acting? I think she’s an absolutely fantastic actress, for me one of the best in Hollywood. But I don’t find her very attractive. Dont get me wrong, she’s pretty, but not special. A better Bryce Dallas Howard (who is like a 6), but not like... a knockout by any means. Still her and Margot Robbie (also gorgeous, not fair) are two of the more talented actresses around; I, Tonya was also fantastic.

Nothing touches Jessica with classy make up and a pricey uptown nightgown.

Nothing.

Natural beauty who knows. I'm not googling her without make and destroying a perfectly good fantasy.

Margot Robbie is probably the current sex idol in Hollywood. I'd probably go contrarian hipster and pretend she's overrated but she's Australian and that makes her undeniable for me. I put Aussie women on a magical pedastal for some reason.

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

How do you figure? $34M Saturday plus $17M Sunday is already $51M. So maybe they’re thinking $36M and $19M? 

I really hope that happens, but 27% increase seem really optimistic. 

But to be honest I have no! idea what the next days will bring.

3 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

I feel bad for the Greatest Showman. I love Hugh Jackman, but he can brush this off. He had a hit with Logan. As for Zac Efron, I think studios should perhaps reconsider thinking that he can draw young females. He is clearly not a draw! 

Who said Greatest Showman was trying draw straight people? :apocalypse:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, seduh said:

I think that with that $28,3 friday number it would make $75 (-66%) for the second weekend and a $32 monday for a $107 4-day. Not a great hold but better than what it look like on thrusday. 

Definitely, you're right, FRIDAY will be barely lower than Christmas Day. Hey man, I live in Oregon, weed is legal here, could you please direct me to some of what you are smoking?

If Friday hits $28M+ then Christmas will be over $35M.

oh yeah I've seen every Verbinski film now!  ranking time!

1. Curse of the Black Pearl
  2. A Cure for Wellness
  3. The Ring
  4. The Lone Ranger
  5. Rango
  6. The Weather Man
  7. Dead Man's Chest
  8. The Mexican
  9. At World's End
  10. Mousehunt

1-6 are Jesus-worthy.  7 is very good.  8-9 is decent.  10 is meh.

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Nothing touches Jessica with classy make up and a pricey uptown nightgown.

Nothing.

Natural beauty who knows. I'm not googling her without make and destroying a perfectly good fantasy.

Margot Robbie is probably the current sex idol in Hollywood. I'd probably go contrarian hipster and pretend she's overrated but she's Australian and that makes her undeniable for me. I put Aussie women on a magical pedastal for some reason.

You don't even need to explain the pedestal, Australian girls are just ridiculously good looking. My girlfriend constantly shows me all these Instagram models who are total knockouts and I swear half of them are from Australia. Man, what's in the water there?! For me, Isabel Lucas is a name that comes to mind right away for beautiful Australian actress.

Edited by JonathanLB
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

If the Deadline numbers hold, TLJ will come out of Christmas 160M behind TFA. Will need to match TFA everyday post that to get past Avatar. Avatar's place as #2 all time is safe now.

I tend to agree, but i think with how the holidays are playing out, that TLJ could actually have a higher 2nd set of weekdays than TFA and a higher 3rd week. Though TFA had really awesome late legs, which TLJ will struggle to match.

Some may underestimate Rowling, but from the Western world, she's one of the most principled defenders of freedom of speech. No one denies how much she despises Trump, so her response her was even more amazing: and hopefully, illuminating, for countless people to understand how the West has gone awry about freedom of speech.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

oh yeah I've seen every Verbinski film now!  ranking time!

1. Curse of the Black Pearl
  2. A Cure for Wellness
  3. The Ring
  4. The Lone Ranger
  5. Rango
  6. The Weather Man
  7. Dead Man's Chest
  8. The Mexican
  9. At World's End
  10. Mousehunt

1-6 are Jesus-worthy.  7 is very good.  8-9 is decent.  10 is meh.

Rango is so incredibly underrated.

• Like 2

Just now, Brainbug said:

I tend to agree, but i think with how the holidays are playing out, that TLJ could actually have a higher 2nd set of weekdays than TFA and a higher 3rd week. Though TFA had really awesome late legs, which TLJ will struggle to match.

I don't think Avatar is anywhere near safe yet personally. You're counting backwards, I'm counting forwards. TLJ needs +$230M from Rogue One, so as it widens that lead I think the math shows it being very close depending on how things shake out. I do think I'd now favor Avatar 70% to 30%, but I can live with $730M. 

The weekdays for TLJ will increase next week, and they're likely to be in range of TFA's weekdays, plus TLJ should win every single day comparison the third week, as that's still a holiday week for many people and it wasn't with TFA. It's the calendar mismatch, holidays are weeks 2 and 3 for TLJ, they were 1 and 2 for TFA. I'm a little confused why this concept is just so hard for people to understand? I mean you guys have calendars right? lol. 

TFA blew its Christmas load on Friday, and the 26th was just a Saturday, thus you see why TFA had that ridiculously good Saturday to Saturday decline. That is yet to come for TLJ, which will be on Tuesday, and that Tuesday will demolish whatever TFA made on its second Tuesday. It won't even be close. 

If TLJ hits $84M this weekend or whatever, it'll probably make another $84M next weekend, and TFA made just about $90M that weekend, with the key difference being TLJ will still have the edge as it'll suffer a Sunday NYE that TFA didn't, so 3rd weekend for TLJ will in all likelihood be more impressive than TFA's 3rd weekend, as Monday will be very substantial still, unlike TFA where that Monday was a piece of shit. 

• Like 2