grim22

4-day Weekend Thread: 5-day numbers per BOM - TLJ 99.0M, J:WTTJ 55.4M, PP3 26.4M, TGS 14.4M, F 10.1M, C 8.2M, D 7.7M and an incredible $5,480,000 for Father Figures

10 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I thought Shape of Water was really weird, I mean it wasn’t bad at all, it was even pretty good. But dang what a weird movie. I liked the atmosphere created and the way it was shot. I didn’t care as much for the characters. I haven’t seen Disaster Artist (they didn’t send it), but I want to! It sounds funny. 

For me, I have to find a story interesting, so you will know it’s a complete failure to me if it ever checks the box “ordinary people doing ordinary things.” Dramatically I believe that’s unforgivable and violates a basic principle of scripting. The Post, Molly’s Game, and Darkest Hour are all

about very interesting people and circumstances in some cases historic. Lady Bird... about a teenage girl who is actually extremely annoying and not in any way whatsoever special. It’s amazing it gets 99%, I would give it an F flat out. Worst movie I saw this year.

I'm a poker player so Molly's Game is a must see.

Plus Jessica...:jeb!:

• Like 1

Do you find Jessica attractive or mainly just her acting? I think she’s an absolutely fantastic actress, for me one of the best in Hollywood. But I don’t find her very attractive. Dont get me wrong, she’s pretty, but not special. A better Bryce Dallas Howard (who is like a 6), but not like... a knockout by any means. Still her and Margot Robbie (also gorgeous, not fair) are two of the more talented actresses around; I, Tonya was also fantastic.

6 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Industry estimates as of midday Friday:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi  (DIS), 4,232 theaters / $28.3M Fri (73%)/3-day cume: $83.6M (-62%)/4-day: $118M/Total:$414.4M/ Wk 2

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle  (SONY), 3,765 theaters / $10M-$11M Fri /3-day cume: $26M-$28M/4-day: $34M-$40M/Total: $53M-$55M/ Wk 1

Pitch Perfect 3  (UNI), 3,447 theaters / $9.5M Fri /3-day cume: $23M-$25M/4-day: $31M-$35M/ Wk 1

Ferdinand  (FOX), 3,630 theaters (+9) / $3.2M Fri (-11%)/3-day cume: $8.6M (-%)/4-day: $11.4M/Total: $30.8M/ Wk 2

The Greatest Showman  (FOX), 3,006 theaters / $3.2M Fri /3-day cume: $8.3M/4-day: $10.7M-$11M/Total: $15M-$19M/Wk 1

Coco(DIS), 2,111 theaters (-1,044) / Fri: $2.9M / 3-day cume: $8.2M (-18%)/4-day: $10.5M/Total: $166.M / Wk 5

http://deadline.com/2017/12/last-jedi-dwayne-johnson-jumanji-zac-efron-greatest-showman-box-office-1202230784/

Those Estimates seem really good in general. 

So Deadline thinks TLJ will have a 34.4 Million Monday. And that Friday would mean Saturday and Sunday would need to gross 55.3 combined, that seems to optimistic, but would be really, really good if it happens

Just now, redfirebird2008 said:

Yes I agree, but it also did not jump on Thursday like the 2006 movies either.

Yeah I think a lot of schools had a different holiday calendar this year. Probably will see a stronger New Year's week as a result (or a crazy, super-charged Christmas week).

My family really enjoyed it btw. Not huge SW fans like myself. I think we are were just happy to go to the movies to take our minds off real life after a tough past week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

“There’s no way Last Jedi will increase anywhere near 50%.”

I will wait until late tonight but trust me when I say I will be back to say I told you so. I’ve waited all week - and some people will be paying up for their shitty predictions. 

The Last Crow Eater

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Those Estimates seem really good in general. 

So Deadline thinks TLJ will have a 34.4 Million Monday. And that Friday would mean Saturday and Sunday would need to gross 55.3 combined, that seems to optimistic, but would be really, really good if it happens

How do you figure? $34M Saturday plus $17M Sunday is already $51M. So maybe they’re thinking $36M and $19M?