Rthmessiah

Wednesday Numbers(27/12/17):TLJ $22m

39 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Personally, i think the drop for TLJ is being a bit overblown, I have a feeling when JW 2 really underperforms we will look back and laugh at this drop.

I think it will be nothing compared to the Avatar 2 drop (if Avatar 2 ever shows up).

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Coco's holiday run has been somewhat underwhelming. It came into the holidays about 8M behind Moana with pretty comparable dailies and will probably end up 35M or so behind Moana on New Years Day despite much lower direct animated competition. Jumanji and TLJ probably hurt it a lot.

On day 35, Box Office Mojo says Coco is in 2111 theaters while Tangled was in 2582 theaters and Moana was in 2687 theaters. 

25 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Racist movie

No wonder. With Downsizing and The Great Wall, looked like Matt Damon had found his niche calling. Racist movies for the Asian community. 

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LonePirate said:

We’re not talking about the same scene. Also, I’m not saying there are no problems with the film. What I am saying is that the scene I speak of is powerful enough for some viewers to overlook any perceived faults in the rest of the film.

Well that other scene is dumb as well for many reasons

8 minutes ago, mikee11 said:

and like everything in the movie if you really think about it , it falls apart and it's not effective.

Well, opinions and all that. :)  The more I think about the movie, the more I love it and think it all fits.

No, it's not perfect.  Yes, there are some scenes I could do without. Yes, I would do some things differently.

But, damn, this movie makes me THINK about it a lot. And post analysis of it, as seen here and much more in-depth in the spoiler thread.

Doesn't mean everyone has to like it.  In fact does mean some folks can down right hate it. But the more this punter thinks about the movie, the more impressed he is.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

Well, opinions and all that. :)  The more I think about the movie, the more I love it and think it all fits.

No, it's not perfect.  Yes, there are some scenes I could do without. Yes, I would do somethings differently.

But, damn, this movie makes me THINK about it a lot. And post analysis of it, as seen here and much more in-depth in the spoiler thread.

Doesn't mean everyone has to like it.  In fact does mean some folks can down right hate it. But the more this punter thinks about the movie, the more impressed he is.

I agree I haven't stopped thinking about this film.

• Like 2