grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

Wow... learn something new every day. I’m even more disturbed now. I have seen some pretty messed up fan fiction that my ex-friend used to send me to troll me but yikes. Disturbing.

I'm not talking about fanfiction.  I'm talking about actual books dating back before the internet.

Not gonna try to explain.  If I find the article I'll link it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sal said:

I'm not talking about fanfiction.  I'm talking about actual books dating back before the internet.

Not gonna try to explain.  If I find the article I'll link it.

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/stupid-sexy-monsters-why-we-like-beastly-romances
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/shape-water-why-are-monster-romances-appealing-1070064

Lol nice...

On another note I realized while watching Last Jedi the other day that the only way the galaxy will ever achieve lasting peace is if the Star Wars movies stop making money. Think about it, as long as they’re successful nobody can be happy for long because along comes another movie with another villain, the Second Order or whatever else. If Episode IX bombed the galaxy would finally have lasting peace :P

2 hours ago, jb007 said:

After the heavy praise it got from many here, I was absolutely disappointed. It was a piece of shit ala Night at the Museum. A bland "Family" movie that is good only as far as the interactions go between the characters. Characters, story, villain, over used dick jokes make it a boring affair.  The original was inventive and fresh. 

Yeah... I was a little disappointed tonight.  Expected much more.  Still a fun movie but not one I have much desire to see again.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Just finished watching the 2009 Film, Moon it's a gem with Sam Rockwell that I apparently missed.

Love this movie. My favorite science fiction film of the last I-don't-know-how-many-years.

Thought-provoking, unpredictable story that subverts more than one genre trope, great performance by Sam (who's perfectly cast), terrific production design and great-looking practical VFX.

Just now, La Binoche said:

She did it first 

men-are-too-mainstream-i-date-beasts.jpg

From what I've been reading, it seems to make sense.

Basically monsters are just the extreme expression of how men often are toward women anyway and making them monsters in a romance sense gives the women in the stories (and the readers) more control over the whole narrative?  Something along those lines.

For queer folks I think it's more that we're used to being characterized as weird or monstrous ourselves so it's just carrying that to the logical extreme.

9 minutes ago, Xinau said:

Love this movie. My favorite science fiction film of the last I-don't-know-how-many-years.

Thought-provoking, unpredictable story that subverts more than one genre trope, great performance by Sam (who's perfectly cast), terrific production design and great-looking practical VFX.

The visuals look fantastic, they even hold up well by today's standards. It's one of my new favorite science fiction films.

2 minutes ago, NoLegMan said:

Star Wars will have a 25 Mill Saturday, because I know my shit.

Everything you say I want to be true lol but I don’t think this will happen :P That would be amazing though.

Edited by JonathanLB