grim22

New Year's Day Weekend Thread: Late Friday estimates (DHD) - TLJ 19.5M, Jumanji 17.5M, PP3 6.7M, TGS 5.3M

7 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

The Last Jedi and Jumanji should both be right about $20m or so.  

Jumanji is unstoppable. I'm thinking $270M is the floor, and it could certainly hit $300M and have some gas left in the tank.

If it plays like Night at the Museum after this weekend, $350M+ would be the cards.

• Like 3

So Jedi could have around 1.5m lead depending on how the 'decimals' come in, going into Sun and Mon. Both did very well last Sunday with Jumanji having a better hold at 39% vs 39.6%. At least Monday bump for J should be better.

J could finish the holiday period with ~187, 6m more than Sing despite a slower start and trailing the cume for the first few days. So would need worse post-holiday legs than Sing to end at 270. If it matches Sing's legs would do 280. If it continues to beat it in legs then 290/300+ is possible.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

If MT.com % gap and my local area have been the indicators for Jumanji vs TLJ (and usually neither is all that on point for most movies, but they have seemed to be so far in both of these movies' runs)...I'd expect there to be almost no gap between the 2 movies today...

Feel free to tease me about this post tomorrow, b/c I should have a totally wrong call coming:)...you can't have too many in a row without eventually ending up with blown one...

I actually wouldn't want to bet which movie will make more today...I think it could go either way (saying this now, and planning on finding out TLJ makes $6M more than Jumanji in 5 hours - it's Murphy's Law:)...

Good call :)

• Like 1

If MT.com % gap and my local area have been the indicators for Jumanji vs TLJ (and usually neither is all that on point for most movies, but they have seemed to be so far in both of these movies' runs)...I'd expect there to be almost no gap between the 2 movies today...

Feel free to tease me about this post tomorrow, b/c I should have a totally wrong call coming:)...you can't have too many in a row without eventually ending up with blown one...

Great call TwoMisfits. You are definitely one of my favorite posters on BOT, right up there with Barnack at the top. 

So MT.com fluctuations throughout the day is an excellent indicator of where the daily numbers might end up at.  Then you'll be able to extrapolate TLJ & Jumanji's Sunday figure w.r.t each other as well. I'm looking forward to your next update. Gonna be so much fun.

Edited by MaxAggressor
  • Like 4

SW8 should have the 3rd best multiplier for 200+ dom movies and Fri openers for 2017:

SW8 2.91-3.0x

BATB 2.88x

WONDR 4x

GOTG2 2.66x

SMH 2.86x

IT 2.65x

THOR3 2.54x

DM3 3.65x

JL 2.42x

LOGAN 2.56x

F8 2.29x

Note:

• rounded to 2 decimal places so WONDR's 3.996x became 4x
  • COCO and JUMANJI will make it to 200+ but excluded them as they are Wed openers, skewing the multipliers
  • assuming 640-660 for SW8
  • assuming 311.5 for THOR3
  • assuming 227 for JL
Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Greatest Rth said:

19.8  19.5 

movies in alphabetical order?

edit:

using 19.5-19.8 range for both,

TLJ +2.3-3.9%

JUM +9.9-11.6%