the beast

Weekend Thread - Insidious 29.6M, Jumanji 37.2M, TLJ 23.7M, TGS 13.8M, PP3 10.3

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The Greatest Showman is starting to become something of a WOM sensation, isn't it? Everyone I've spoken to that's also seen it LOVES it.

As someone who hated the movie, I think you’re right.

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Okay, deep breath...it's a movie board...I don't think anyone thinks someone's movie opinions define who he/she is in real life.  Baumer's a cool poster...and I'm sure you are, too...but you might want to back off making ad hominem attacks if you want to become a long-time respected poster, here.

If you're cool, we tend to be cool...so my advice...just take it down a 1/2 notch and let folks either a. be wrong or b. don't attribute "it's personal" if they are wrong (b/c everyone makes mistakes) or c. maybe be open to other info that while you may not be wrong, doesn't fully explain the bigger picture...

I'm sorry but from my experience here over the past few weeks I have to say I have trouble believing anything you say about the quality of the staff/patrons on this site.

• ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

I haven't insulted you or banned you or mistreated you in any way

If I were in charge here you wouldn't be "moderating" anything, let alone what should be a serious discussion.

That didn't take long!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TheForceuser707 said:

I'm sorry but from my experience here over the past few weeks I have to say I have trouble believing anything you say about the quality of the staff/patrons on this site.

Then it may not be the site for you...Personally, I have found that if you treat the users on this site with respect and friendliness, they tend to return it.  Has this always happened?  No.  Have we had a little conflict?  Yes.  But it's the internet, too, and some of that is par for the course...and even when we've had conflict, no one takes it personally or thinks that the other poster must be a horrid human being...usually it's just they love or hate a movie a bit too much:)...

So, if it's not working for you, there are other boards.  It'd be a shame to lose you, but if you're not happy here, you might be happier elsewhere...although maybe take a day or two to just read and relax before deciding...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

A film that’s made more money than nearly every film we’ve ever written about on these boards - now being written off as a disaster by some.  😄

I hereby discredit every positive forum post ever written by anyone about any major movie which has made under $600 million domestic. 

Who’s with me? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, filmlover said:

My ignore list has grown so much in recent weeks. It's kinda amazing, really.

What is this "ignore list" of which you speak?  So, you can make words just disappear?  I needed that kind of tool in my childhood when my dad was watching Eagles football:)...

(Yes, I'm joking...but no, I don't actually ignore anyone on this list, so you all stay in my "happy zone of communication":)...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

A film that’s made more money than nearly every film we’ve ever written about on these boards - now being written off as a disaster by some.  😄

I hereby discredit every positive forum post ever written by anyone about any major movie which has made under $600 million domestic. 

Who’s with me? 

Did you have the same view of BVS sure the amount is great but how it’s preformed is not go back a month a suggest the numbers it will do people would call you a troll and that it was impossible 

33 minutes ago, baumer said:

These mean nothing.  It's the past.  You can't adjust numbers and use them in an era that has streaming, downloading and internet availability two weeks after a film is released.  Money talks.

You keep saying things like that, but TFA made it to #11 and that was just two years ago. Avatar at #15 was less than 10 years ago.

Not adjusting for inflation paints a very misleading picture, far more than trying to adjust for it. You can compare the success of movies over the years, there are just very few who make to this list. And the highest ranked movies don't include anything from the 40's; what technological innovation was to blame then, color?

56 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

on the downside, TLJ is the 1st 200m openers, that likely failed to reach 3x legs 

but it's also the 1st 200 opener that is a sequel :). if you shift from 200+ to 190+ then AOU gets added. if we take 180 odd then CW (179 ow) get included.