the beast

Weekend Thread - Insidious 29.6M, Jumanji 37.2M, TLJ 23.7M, TGS 13.8M, PP3 10.3

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Don't movies typically get like 2.5x multis in China, even if well liked? TLJ may not touch 25m if it opened with 9.5. Disney may as well cancel Solo and IX's release in China, and I'm only half joking. 

Opening day not opening weekend. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

How much does Jedi likely have to add OS outside of China? 

IT still will make a lot more in markets like Japan so I think 700 million will still happen. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Don't movies typically get like 2.5x multis in China, even if well liked? TLJ may not touch 25m if it opened with 9.5. Disney may as well cancel Solo and IX's release in China, and I'm only half joking. 

probably not. Even if Solo makes 15m there that could be the difference between 785m and 800m or 885m and 900m

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

They will release, since they don't spend in marketing and distribution. Only "extra" marketing if they want, but i doubt Disney will do it with Solo or E9, but whatever they get, will be welcome. 

19 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Uh-oh. Just imagine all these guys voting on Rotten Tomatoes!!! It'll drop even more. :)

I can't wait to hear the next damage control. Chinese Bots, I guess!!!! 

China doesn't like SW.

You expected TFA numbers? :hahaha:

TLJ vs RO this weekend could be close though will give the edge to TLJ. RO did 22.06m. Can see something similar with:

6.3 (+46.5%)

9.3 (+47.6%)

6.4 (-31.2%)

= 22.0

Edited by a2knet

I finally saw Molly's Game last night and sweet jesus i love sorkin.  The man can breathe life into a script.  

With McDormand and Hawkins, I don't think Chastain has a real shot but dammit this just continues the streak of her being absolute aces.  The Help, Zero Dark Thirty, Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, Miss Sloane.  Just too good.  Hope she finally gets her dues soon.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RyneOh1040 said:

I finally saw Molly's Game last night and sweet jesus i love sorkin.  The man can breathe life into a script.  

With McDormand and Hawkins, I don't think Chastain has a real shot but dammit this just continues the streak of her being absolute aces.  The Help, Zero Dark Thirty, Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby, Miss Sloane.  Just too good.  Hope she finally gets her dues soon.

IMO, she's better than both of them.  Hawkins performance is wildly over rated imo and McDormand is terrific but Chastain is as well.  I loved Robbie's performance in I, Tonya as well.  I would love to see Chastain or Robbie win it this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

IMO, she's better than both of them.  Hawkins performance is wildly over rated imo and McDormand is terrific but Chastain is as well.  I loved Robbie's performance in I, Tonya as well.  I would love to see Chastain or Robbie win it this year.

seeing shape of water and i tonya tomorrow and then i'll have seen everything actress nominee wise except all the money in the world.  i thought mcdormand was absolutely insane and i would give the edge to her but it's also one of those things where that role was destined to ben an awards winner and is way more left field than what molly was so for me it can sometimes be an easier role to get noticed.  but you're right, she DESERVES to be in the front runner talk.

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Of course not, but word of mouth seems to be bad anyway in China, lol.

China total well under Dom Thu previews (45m) :thinking:

Gonna use this metric to guess Solo's China total : thinking 26 Dom previews and 20 China total.

• Like 1

Fuck I work in 45 minutes, I'm at the college buying my textbooks, locked my keys in the car, my family is out of town, I don't have my work uniform on my and it's an hour and a half walk to either the theatre or my house.

Oh and it's -4 outside (celcius) and I'm freezing😂😭 time to go wait around in the bookstore to figure this out

Edited by DAJK
  • Sad 1

Just now, DAJK said:

Fuck I work in 45 minutes, I'm at the college buying my textbooks, locked my keys in the car, my family is out of town, I don't have my work uniform on my and it's an hour and a half walk to either the theatre or my house.

Oh and it's -4 outside (celcius) and I'm freezing😂😭

Man not cold

Its minus 22 here. 

• Haha 1

Runtimes without credits and trailer attachments for next week:

The Post: 1:49. Attachments include at least Red Sparrow

Paddington: 1:40. Attachments unknown (none?).

The Commuter: 1:39. Attachments are Acrimony and Winchester (new trailer).

Proud Mary: 1:24. Attachments unknown.