MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates per DHD (p.15): J 19.75M, 12S 15.3M, DoT 14.7M, TP 12.1M, TGS 11.1M, P2 8.3M, TC 6.8M, TLJ 6.5M, I:TLK 5.9M, FMG 4.3M

It took awhile than I hoped but glad Coco finally reached 200M! Of course I was hoping higher but I'm happy it didn't become like Good Dinosaur

Also glad Pitch Perfect 3 crossed 100M as well. The response is kinda muted but the box office run of the first movie (word of mouth hit) was so good so I wanted the franchise to end on a good note box office wise

Enjoying the box office legs of Jumanji and The Greatest Showman!

Den of Thieves surprised me. Could 50 Cent have drawing power? His cable show is a ratings hit

Decent for Forever My Girl. Should stick around until Valentines week

Edited by forg

6 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There was definitely fanboy crap with WW.

Not enough to take anything away from the run.

Sure people like me thought it was overrated but I quietly sat by while people creamed their pants week after week after week.

People were still glowing near the end of July.

There might've been some DC sucks talk here and there but those trolls were quickly silenced by the vast majority rooting for WW.

Some international numbers:

SW is a day or so away from 1.3 billion.  It's the quietest 1.3 billion ever made.  Seriously.  No one has batted an eyelash.  It's still an incredible number.

Jumanji is at 767 million and has a serious shot at doing 900 million.  Just pick my jaw up off the floor.

Insidious had an 18 million dollar international weekend.  It's just under 130 million WW and ll probably do more than 150 WW total.  Right now they have just found another key.  There will be a fifth.  You can bet on it.

Coco is at 656 million and might do 700.  It had an 18 million international weekend also.

Ferdinand had a 17.5 million international weekend.  Should do 300 WW.

Maze Runner gets released in 5 markets and opens to 15.2 million.  I have no idea how to read this, I'm assuming it's okay.  

Wonder had a 12.6 million international weekend.  It's just a shade under 250 million.  Incredible.

• Like 6

Wonder at 250M worldwide is amazing! I love that sweet, gentle movie. Glad it resonated well 

Coco poised for 700M, yay! 

OK for Ferdinand, if not for the big budget but I hope it's decent enough for Blue Sky

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forg said:

It took awhile than I hoped but glad Coco finally reached 200M! Of course I was hoping higher but I'm happy it didn't become like Good Dinosaur

Also glad Pitch Perfect 3 crossed 100M as well. The response is kinda muted but the box office run of the first movie (word of mouth hit) was so good so I wanted the franchise to end on a good note box office wise

Enjoying the box office legs of Jumanji and The Greatest Showman!

Den of Thieves surprised me. Could 50 Cent have drawing power? His cable show is a ratings hit

Decent for Forever My Girl. Should stick around until Valentines week

I think Eric Braeden has secret drawing power.  :)

H-1I0cfU.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Some international numbers:

Coco is at 656 million and might do 700.  It had an 18 million international weekend also.

With Japan still left to open, $700 million is locked. Rest of the markets will probably get it there before Japan's opening. Coco might finish above $750 million with the potential for more if it really breaks out in Japan. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, KP1025 said:

With Japan still left to open, $700 million is locked. Rest of the markets will probably get it there before Japan's opening. Coco might finish above $750 million with the potential for more if it really breaks out in Japan. 

Thanks.  I didn't check to see how many markets it had left.  :)

21 minutes ago, baumer said:

Insidious had an 18 million dollar international weekend.  It's just under 130 million WW and ll probably do more than 150 WW total.  Right now they have just found another key.  There will be a fifth.  You can bet on it.

They'll put all the keys together to make a Voltron Key or something.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Barnack said:

No resistance broaden is potential audience way more than a comic book fodder with all that history behind them.

Being good or not cannot change Thor 3 result that much, is 2.56x multiplier is better than is 2.42 previous entry, but not by that much, the word of mouth cannot give sequels movies like that the type of run a Jumanji can have, there is an ever growing crowd that will not go see a not origin story superheroes movie.

I understand the lack of competition, and the how the holiday schedule provides better cushion for growing WOM. It just seems odd that a sequel to a middling Robin William film from decades ago is doing this well. I don't even think the trailers garnered many favorable views from the general public. If Dwayne can pull this off with JUMANJI, Tyrese better be prepared for how his F&F solo off shoot does.

Hey, so we have revamped our show to have live episodes on the weekends (Box Office on Sunday). We would love your opinions as we would love to continuously try improving the podcast of listeners and fellow fans of the box office. I am always very excited to make this podcast and we hope you enjoy! Also, Feedback would be helpful and we would like some constructive criticism, we don't want to be like Popcorn Talk (after the host change)!

Also please do like, comment and subscribe!

Thanks for reading!

• Like 4

@WrathOfHan 2018 trailer stalkers so far

Spoiler
  1. A Quiet Place (4)
  2. Winchester: The House That Ghosts Built (3)
  3. Red Sparrow (3)
  4. The 15:17 to Paris (3)
  5. Fifty Shades Freed (2)
  6. Annihilation (2)
  7. Death Wish (2)
  8. Sicario 2: Soldado (2)
  9. 7 Days in Entebbe (1)
  10. Tully (1)
  11. Isle of Dogs (1)
  12. Gemini (1)
  13. Throughbreds (1)
  14. Lean On Pete (1)