Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

3 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Movie songs aren't what they used to be. LET IT GO, SHALLOW and SEE YOU AGAIN are the only noteworthy ones from the last decade that I can recall.

"This Is Me" (and most of The Greatest Showman soundtrack tbh), "Happy" and "We Don't Talk About Bruno" would like to have a word with you.

Edited by filmlover

4 minutes ago, excel1 said:

Movie songs aren't what they used to be. LET IT GO, SHALLOW and SEE YOU AGAIN are the only noteworthy ones from the last decade that I can recall.

What about the entire soundtrack from the masterpiece called CATS

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

"This Is Me" (and most of The Greatest Showman soundtrack tbh), "Happy" and "We Don't Talk About Bruno" would like to have a word with you.

CAN'T STOP THE FEELING > ALL

Watched Top Gun with my 16 year old daughter last night.  She proclaimed it "not bad," which is her speak for "your weird 80s movie you make me watch was actually okay."  I laughed about watching it in the theater as an 11 year old who had never seen a French kiss before and being utterly flummoxed. Good times.

i think in the 80s you could successfully sell a movie off a pop hit and vice versa but not the case anymore. you can see it with the best song oscar look at the winners and nominees in the 80s it's mostly hits now it's 80% end credit songs called "fight for your truth" from some documentary you've never heard of.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, MrPink said:

CAN'T STOP THE FEELING > ALL

The Oscars opening with that song was the perfect high tempo opening possible. That entire Oscars broadcast was great until the envelope mixup.

More high tempo openings are needed instead of the weird low energy Beyonce one this year.

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

"Hold My Hand" is...fine. It sounds like a song that would be the anthem for a Top Gun sequel, if nothing else. Definitely no "Take My Breath Away" though.

I mean, you're comparing it to possibly the greatest 80's song. Not many songs can compete with take my breath away.

2 hours ago, Flopped said:

Hold My Hand is not good. 

It's crazy that Tom Cruise is going to headline #1 movies for the 5th consecutive decade. 

The song is a grower, but I think I was expecting something more like Take My Breath Away. I’d love it if Gag covered TMBA as part of the soundtrack too.

6 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Got a clip in front of my IMAX doctor strange screening. Was weird. It was one training sequence and a training montage at the same time?

It felt like one sequence in the movie that was a training montage. 

The footage played so well for both of my audiences tonight. People clapped at the end both times. It was definitely the strongest reaction of all the trailers that they showed (aside, of course, from Nicole Kidman).

And I get why. It looks so good on IMAX. don’t really care what the plot is, I just want to go to watch the planes.