Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

58 minutes ago, Borobudur said:

Is this like an extended scene? Don't remember seeing this in the movie.

Extended and using some different camera angles. In the movie it's cross cut with Maverick reliving some memories.

1 hour ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just found out about what Cruise said about regarding making a Top Gun sequel post-Born on the 4th of July (greatest anti-war film of all time). https://gizmodo.com/tom-cruise-top-gun-sequel-playboy-opinion-1986-propagan-1848858326

Cruise: They are to different things. Top Gun is a joy ride and shouldn’t be looked at beyond that. Born is about real people and real events. Top Gun should be looked at as going on Space Mountain—it’s like a simple fairy tale.

I'd bet he'd say the same thing about TGM.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

it seems like Miles got a weirdo fanbase off this film

bro like every girl i know is thirsting after him rn, idk if that's a weirdo fanbase or if he's just the new heartthrob lol

I put this in the weekend thread, but after watching the ending of TG2 yet again, I'm convinced it is the possibly the most thrilling and satisfying 3rd act of a movie I have ever seen.  The emotion, cinematography, editing, score, sound effects and incredible real action knowing they are really in F-18's filming this makes it flat out edge of your seat white knuckle movie making.  

Every single crowd I have seen it with goes bonkers cheering and clapping at multiple points.  

I think it will play in theaters until nearly October and can see Paramount bringing it out again for multiple IMAX runs in the fall, winter and before the Oscars.  My guess is you see some sort of IMAX double feature with the original as well.  

It is one of the films that decades down the road theaters will be playing and audiences will be showing up to watch again. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, EmpireCity said:

I put this in the weekend thread, but after watching the ending of TG2 yet again, I'm convinced it is the possibly the most thrilling and satisfying 3rd act of a movie I have ever seen.  The emotion, cinematography, editing, score, sound effects and incredible real action knowing they are really in F-18's filming this makes it flat out edge of your seat white knuckle movie making.  

thought Titanic was my favorite third act of all time, but after seeing TGM for the 7th time I have to say I'm with you on this.  

1 hour ago, EmpireCity said:

Every single crowd I have seen it with goes bonkers cheering and clapping at multiple points.  

I think it will play in theaters until nearly October and can see Paramount bringing it out again for multiple IMAX runs in the fall, winter and before the Oscars.  My guess is you see some sort of IMAX double feature with the original as well.  

It is one of the films that decades down the road theaters will be playing and audiences will be showing up to watch again. 

Yes, it's having an old school cinema run. Reckon do they have any additional footage, a bit of extended scenes? They could also jump on the 3d bandwagon as well if the craze comes back a bit again with Avatar 2.

• Like 1

How legit is the 120 day theatrical window for TGM?

I imagine Cruise is basically holding a potential Top Gun 3 hostage, and Paramount doesn't want to piss him off by putting TGM on streaming too quick.

Edited by Mojoguy

3 hours ago, Mojoguy said:

How legit is the 120 day theatrical window for TGM?

I imagine Cruise is basically holding a potential Top Gun 3 hostage, and Paramount doesn't want to piss him off by putting TGM on streaming too quick.

From everything I hear it is legit, and the 120 day window is perfect and takes it right to the end of September.  If Paramount is smart, I would then go PVOD for 60 days and have it hit Paramount+ in December for the holiday.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

From everything I hear it is legit, and the 120 day window is perfect and takes it right to the end of September.  If Paramount is smart, I would then go PVOD for 60 days and have it hit Paramount+ in December for the holiday.  

Stop saying sensible things, paramount might listen and panic! 

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

This weekend,  not too late to cancel 10pm Minions shows too 4th weekend 

Minion 2 actually isn't that IMAX-worthy to have all IMAX screens for itself...should have split some with TGM or even JWD.