Taylor

Weekend Thread: 50SF - 38.8m, PR - 25m, 15:17 - 12.6m

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

They let Sausage Party be at ~97. I think at 98-99 studios cannot resist.

que, Gnomeo and Juliet

Sausage Party only stalled because Sony's first step at fudging it wasn't big enough. Kids movies are MUCH easier to fudge, especially if they try pulling something in April when there are no kids movies except Sgt. Stubby (lmao)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

just being curious, 

where is @Rth the God? he has been missing for month, is he alright?

He is having a nice vacations before Black Panther calls him back to action.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Looks like TLJ wont beat The Avengers domestic Total

:D

Yeah it's been looking like that for 2-3 weeks.

TLJ legs don't look that bad if you focus on the fact that it's a sequel but depends on how much weightage you wanna give December. 2.8x+ for a 220 opener is respectable no matter the month IMO. Not gonna deny it left money on the table and reception was mixed. 650-660 should have happened if not more.

207.5 + 415 TA (623.5)

220.0 + 401 TLJ (621.0)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tickets sold today at my theater (* detonates reduced showtimes):

Peter Rabbit: 497

Fifty Shades: 359

15:17 to Paris: 250

Jumanji: 127 (80 2D/47 3D)

Showman: 114

Maze Runner: 101

Hostiles: 90*

Winchester: 61

The Post: 52*

Shape of Water: 41*

Three Billboards: 38*

12 Strong: 22*

Den of Thieves: 18*

I have a weird feeling Hostiles may still be here next week despite being 12th this weekend :kitschjob: 

• Community Manager
4 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

They're hyperbole, relax. ;)

In all seriousness though, it does make an actual statement as to what American kids/parents find appealing when the sweet, heartwarming family movie with good values everyone needs to wise up to gets dumped in favor of an obnoxious comedy about a rabbit and idiot trying to kill each other. Also, coincidence there's so much orange with all those carrots and gingers??? 

:jeb!: 

the bear movie is low-energy

3 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

My wife decide to go see 1517 to Paris last night. When she told me I told her I didn’t think it was her kind of movie but she decided to go see it anyway. After it was done she text me and was like:

OMG!!! That movie was horrible!!!  Lol

A friend of mine saw it today and said it was the worst movie he had seen in 20 years. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

Peter Rabbit forecast:

Remainder of this week: 5.8M (30.8M Total)

Feb 16: 18.5M (8.3M weekdays, 57.6M Total)

Feb 23: 12.8M (2.5M weekdays, 72.9M Total)

Mar 2: 7.2M (1.7M weekdays, 81.8M Total)

Mar 9: 4.2M (900k weekdays, 86.9M Total)

Mar 16: 2M (400k weekdays, 89.3M Total)

Final Total: 93M (3.72x)

100M will fully depend on how well it holds on the 23rd and 2nd. Anything over 95M and Sony will attempt a fudge.

Peter Rabbit's been going fucking nuts at my theatre. A big part probably does have to do with the marketing push the managers, myself, and a couple other staff did around town for the fun-day promotion which had hundreds of kids show up (and who subsequently bought tickets) but it's doing way better than I would have even thought. 

I was predicting (our equivalent of) 55M 4-day at the highest. I only have solid numbers up to the end of the matinee today, but one of the staff working tonight texted me and said "fuck it was busy tonight... only for the fucking Rabbit" so going by whatever their definition of busy might be, I could see it doing 64M+ here for the 3-day, and honestly wouldn't be surprised at 75M for the 4-day (British Colombia it's family day on Monday)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAJK said:

Peter Rabbit's been going fucking nuts at my theatre. A big part probably does have to do with the marketing push the managers, myself, and a couple other staff did around town for the fun-day promotion which had hundreds of kids show up (and who subsequently bought tickets) but it's doing way better than I would have even thought. 

I was predicting (our equivalent of) 55M 4-day at the highest. I only have solid numbers up to the end of the matinee today, but one of the staff working tonight texted me and said "fuck it was busy tonight... only for the fucking Rabbit" so going by whatever their definition of busy might be, I could see it doing 64M+ here for the 3-day, and honestly wouldn't be surprised at 75M for the 4-day (British Colombia it's family day on Monday)

It's doing insane here too. Yesterday it accounted for nearly a third of all tickets; Fifty Shades only accounted for a fifth by comparison. It'd be insane if actuals increase.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, CJohn said:

He is having a nice vacations before Black Panther calls him back to action.

12 hours ago, filmlover said:

Off on some paradise island surrounded by mostly undressed men, in all likelihood. It's what he would do.

12 hours ago, a2knet said:

I think/hope he will be making a grand appearance this Friday

Black-Panther-Trailer.gif?resize=480,200

But as far as I can remember, @The Greatest Rth never disappeared for this long, and i couldn't even tag him!!