DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

13 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

This movie proved that GA cant tell the difference between good CGI and okay CGI 

Or that anyone is capable of forgiving okay or poor CGI if they can connect with the story and characters. The GA are capable of noticing CGI, I just think a lot people don’t care so much about it not being perfect if other aspects of the movie are stronger. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Or that anyone is capable of forgiving okay or poor CGI if they can connect with the story and characters. The GA are capable of noticing CGI, I just think a lot people don’t care so much about it not being perfect if other aspects of the movie are stronger. 

Thus, standards are being lowered.  They should care about it more, and about it all being a coherent and seamless journey.  It's destroying the fabric of strong characterization and narrative in popular motion pictures.  Hyperbole?  Look at Marvel's grosses. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Thus, standards are being lowered.  They should care about it more, and about it all being a coherent and seamless journey.  It's destroying the fabric of strong characterization and narrative in popular motion pictures.  Hyperbole?  Look at Marvel's grosses. 

Well, it looks like it's more something people cling on when they want to hate on something, rather than something that people single out about liking in a movie.

• Like 1

Janky CGI only really becomes an issue if the movie itself is bad. Wonder Woman had its own share of questionable work there, too, but it didn't bother me for that film, either. On the other hand, The Hobbit and King Kong both had questionable CGI that knocked me out of the movie.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Well, it looks like it's more something people cling on when they want to hate on something, rather than something that people single out about liking in a movie.

Yeah, that's too bad if people cling onto it and 'hate on' the film.  I'm just making a point, because it's an issue I'm concerned with.  Doesn't mean I 'hate' BP. 

On 2/25/2018 at 2:52 PM, Ledmonkey96 said:

Witcher 3 is like Skyrim if Skyrim was as deep as a puddle.

Well....

On 2/25/2018 at 2:54 PM, aabattery said:

Skyrim is deep as a puddle tho. That's probably being generous, really.

Never mind Mr. McIver has my back.

On 2/25/2018 at 2:59 PM, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Witcher 3 and Skyrim are both roughly equivalent.

The Internet jerks Witcher 3 off far too much, though

giphy.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

You will have an opportunity to back this up very soon (as it is almost time for BOT's Top 100 Video Games Vol. 3)

Neither game will be on the list, lmao

And when does the list start

Edited by RobrtmanAStarWarsReference

On 2/25/2018 at 3:41 PM, Lordmandeep said:

This movie proved that GA cant tell the difference between good CGI and okay CGI 

Or that people just don't care. I haven't really seen anyone outside this site say anything about the CGI. People care more about the history lesson, the compelling characters, the action and stunts, the soundtrack, and the wokeness.

This forum has always bent over backwards about CGI, I don't get it. 

• Like 3

On 25/02/2018 at 5:55 PM, Jandrew said:

You...didnt like the movie? 

Me during Black Panther:

4b8.gif

Me after the post credits scenes:

deflated.gif

My sister was not there for it either. Too unbalanced and rushed (Basically once Killmonger reached Wakanda). The main character is dull compared to the antagonist, almost a doormat. I prefered his characterization in Civil War. Unfortunately, most of the close combats were messy due to the editing and cinematography, sometimes I couldn't make what was happening on screen (ie. the first action scene at night). Don't get me started on Ross role at the end, I wasn't feeling the overall message at all.

And the CGI are really mediocre for a MCU movie in 2018. ILM being credited for this?!

(I was chuckling how Wakanda seems to only sport one street. It felt cheap, it's the same set from the same angle they used in every scenes. They could have set up an action scene in Wakanda's streets using those maglev transportations for hence? You don't even get to know Wakanda citizens, the working class, their relationships with their king, how do they react to Killmonger seizing the throne, only the bougie ones from the tribe royalties and adjacent military bickering. I didn't buy Wakanda as anything real and tangible but 3 movie lots, a fake cliff set surrounded by lot of green screen and CGI vistas).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 hour ago, dashrendar44 said:

Me during Black Panther:

My sister was not there for it either. Too unbalanced and rushed (Basically once Killmonger reached Wakanda). The main character is dull compared to the antagonist, almost a doormat. I prefered his characterization in Civil War. Unfortunately, most of the close combats were messy due to the editing and cinematography, sometimes I couldn't make what was happening on screen (ie. the first action scene at night). Don't get me started on Ross role at the end, I wasn't feeling the overall message at all.

And the CGI are really mediocre for a MCU movie in 2018. ILM being credited for this?!

(I was chuckling how Wakanda seems to only sport one street. It felt cheap, it's the same set from the same angle they used in every scenes. They could have set up an action scene in Wakanda's streets using those maglev transportations for hence? You don't even get to know Wakanda citizens, the working class, their relationships with their king, how do they react to Killmonger seizing the throne, only the bougie ones from the tribe royalties and adjacent military bickering. I didn't buy Wakanda as anything real and tangible but 3 movie lots, a fake cliff set surrounded by lot of green screen and CGI vistas).

I'm still trying to figure out the exact tone of those Spongebob gifs lol, but fair enough. Everyone sees it differently. I think I got more Wakanda than I was expecting, but yeah true, they did spend a lot of time in the underground and by the waterfall.

• Like 1