That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

5 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I think cap marvel will do $150m+ ow. I think if wonder woman was made by marvel studios, it would have done $150m+ ow too. Just like BP, hype will build once we are near to release.

It could absolutely do monster numbers. I think this is possible soley because it comes out 6 months before Wonder Woman 2 so there should be a big desire for another female lead superhero film. I think more like 130m for now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

But the hype for IW is clearly bigger than either AOU or CW.

Thanos + characters who had smash hit movies in 2016/2017/2018 = $$$$$

But all the avengers movies have had characters who've had smash hit films... yet they've still dropped

I really don't think there is much of an audience who are fans of individual Marvel heroes but don't go and see the avengers films.

wow, wish I didn't go back further on some of these pages, all negative.

but I'll be positive and say great preview number, obviously and my floor of $175m for the 3 day should be secure :) 

• Like 1

Just now, Sam said:

Sure. I’m in on the BP > IW after all.

But still, y’all doing this now like it’s a big deal and that it proves something that BP has to outgross IW. And I’m saying amidst all these incredible reports about BP performances, it’s nothing but artificial. 

I think it would seem like some moral victory if it seems BP is a much bigger deal then all of the Avengers combined while completely ignoring the overseas box office for IW and that both films are apart of the 'evil Disney empire' 

lol :hahaha:

8 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Can someone explain to me why is Audience Score falling like a rock? It was 94% yesterday. 77% early this morning. 76% now. :wtf:

It’s definitely weird. There are people who legitimately don’t like the movie, but that doesn’t seem to be any different from any of the MCU films last year. Yet, this is the one with the lowest anticipated score and audience score.

Edited by Deja23

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

CBM fatigue will have set in by the time Captain Marvel releases.

Funniest post of the thread.

In all seriousness (don't think you actually are), why would anyone expect CBM fatigue at this point. Have heard this for years and yet they are becoming more and more popular.

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

CBM fatigue will have set in by the time Captain Marvel releases.

That doesn’t bode well for the Captain Marvel over Infinity War Part Deux club I’m gonna make

2 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

It’s definitely weird. There are people who legitimately don’t like the movie, but that doesn’t seem to be any different from any of the MCU films last year. Yet, this is the one with the lowest anticipated score and audience score.

You know why. You know exactly why.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Treeing Me Apart said:

But all the avengers movies have had characters who've had smash hit films... yet they've still dropped

I really don't think there is much of an audience who are fans of individual Marvel heroes but don't go and see the avengers films.

It's different when you've never seen the characters together before.

Where talking 5 franchises that never overlapped together after most of them made over 850 m in the last year or so.