That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Deadpool 2 is going to impact Avengers audience directly. 

Black Panther is beating Avengers. 

And the BP audience (the extra audience - not the usual MCU fans) might not necessarily turn up for IW just because BP is in it, look at WW/JL.

JL probably would've been an even bigger disaster without WW. DC was on a downward spiral anyways though, even the success of WW couldn't save that ship.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

JL probably would've been an even bigger disaster without WW. DC was on a downward spiral anyways though, even the success of WW couldn't save that ship.

I mean, JL being received well by critics, audiences and even Snyder fans would have helped JL much more than WW could've helped it. Just a hunch. :sherlock: 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

I mean, JL being received well by critics, audiences and even Snyder fans would have helped JL much more than WW could've helped it. Just a hunch. :sherlock: 

Of course. If the DCEU movies were as well received as Marvel movies, they would be easily making more lol. They have the A-listers.

36 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Also, are any other mobile users finding this forum painfully slow!?

Especially when typing and even moreso when quoting someone? Is it the ads? That “aw snap” error message. It’s awful just now. I’ve created a post in Support. 

:rant:

Been griping about it for months. Nothing had been done if anything it's gotten worse. Only way around it is a paid account which I don't always have funds for. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Also, are any other mobile users finding this forum painfully slow!?

Especially when typing and even moreso when quoting someone? Is it the ads? That “aw snap” error message. It’s awful just now. I’ve created a post in Support. 

:rant:

Turn off signatures!

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

JL was seen as a sequel to BvS.

IW is a sequel to CW and BP, two critically acclaimed films.

And build up to JL was rushed.

IW was the drawn out for a decade. The hype has obviously reached peak levels unlike JL.

I agree. Even if AIW falls below BP I think it will be a case where movies like GOTG2, CW, IM3, AOU are in the 390-460 range. There's a 15% gap between GOTG2 and AOU. If BP does 560, then 85-90% of that is 475-505 which is what I would expect AIW to hit approx. WONDR and JL case was unique.

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

And the BP audience (the extra audience - not the usual MCU fans) might not necessarily turn up for IW just because BP is in it, look at WW/JL.

THANK YOU. I've said this so many times here.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Deadpool 2 is going to impact Avengers audience directly. 

Black Panther is beating Avengers. 

That is possible, but JL was a really bad movie that had terrible trailers and no hook that was the direct sequel to an unbelievably awful movie. 

Infinity War has 10 years of hype and good movies driving it and the interest and awareness for the movie are off the charts.  

44 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Not a fair comparison. JL couldn't even retain the audience from BvS, much less add to it. And that speaks to the quality of those individual films. Even WW I feel was vastly overrated.

I'm curious how much focus Marvel puts on BP/Wakanda in the final marketing push for IW. I know several minor characters from BP will be in IW, so lets see if Marvel makes them seen.

Also, even if only a little of the BP audience shows up, with a little of the Doctor Strange audience and a little of the Guardians audience, it still adds up to Marvel's widest potential audience yet with Infinity War.

• Like 1