That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Just now, Alexiswills12 said:

Disney confirms you guyssss.

Tuesday 8:35 AM: Disney has just confirmed what we saw earlier: Marvel’s Black Panther is the second-biggest 4-day opener of all-time at the domestic B.O. with $242.6M, after Force Awakens and beating Last Jedi. Monday also marked an all-time record with $40.167M, beating Force Awakens‘ $40.11M.

Yes it's official!!!!

8th best Friday

4th best Saturday

2nd best Sunday

Best Monday of all-time

• Like 5
  • Astonished 3

1 minute ago, Alexiswills12 said:

Tuesday 8:35 AM: Disney has just confirmed what we saw earlier: Marvel’s Black Panther is the second-biggest 4-day opener of all-time at the domestic B.O. with $242.6M, after Force Awakens and beating Last Jedi. Monday also marked an all-time record with $40.167M, beating Force Awakens‘ $40.11M.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I have to diagree on MBJ. He was fantastic in the movie. His motivations and his development throughout the movie were great. By end of the movie, I had empathy for him and his last line was heart wretching.

I also thought that at points that he was even more compelling then the hero, which is not a bad thing at all. Killmonger was a really solid villain. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

yeah I agree Marvel has a villian issue but after the DCU films I think DC lost that high ground.

:hahaha:

I didn’t mention DC, lol. But yeh, everyone knows that Marvel has a major ongoing villain issue.

5 minutes ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Zemo,Ego,Vulture, Killmonger 4 very good villain only in phase 3

hela,Claw, good villain, phase 3.

loki(Thor and The Avengers)good villain, phase 1.

In the last 10 years we have ONLY one great Villain: Joker/Ledger. 

Fox? 0 good villain

DCU? Only Zod

imho

Again I didn’t mention the competition, lol. 

I’ve seen every Marvel film apart from Thor 2 and I have no idea who Zemo or Ego are. Hela was like a drag queen, camp but cheesy. Vulture wasnt intimidating but Spider-Man Homecoming was aimed for a *very* young audience I think. 

Maybe because I watch so many horror films I find the superhero villains so lame 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Last AndyLL said:

Spiderman has his on set of fans.  Antman has it's own set of fans.  My friend who dislikes CBMs is going to A&W because he thought it AM was 'different' then the typical CBM.

I'm not sure I understand the sudden dismissing of IW. BP can only affect IW in a positive manner. If you thought IW was going to be huge before BP then it can only get huger.

Yeah but I think the overlap for most of those fans is getting bigger because of the Marvel universe. Of course there will be some who just like one superhero, but I don't know how many people we're talking about here.

But I agree, I don't think BP being huge is negatively affecting IW in any way. Other than the perception that a team up film has to do more than a solo entry. IW will still make whatever it was going to + gain some stragglers from BP's audience.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I didn’t mention DC, lol. But yeh, everyone knows that Marvel has a major ongoing villain issue.

It's not just a Marvel issue, but modern movies / comic book movies in general tend to have pretty forgettable villains. Marvel films, only gets signaled out because they're popular, but it's not like other superhero movies in general, like DC, are all that better. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, druv10 said:

I have to diagree on MBJ. He was fantastic in the movie. His motivations and his development throughout the movie were great. By end of the movie, I had empathy for him and his last line was heart wretching.

Oh I thought he was good. Just a shame he had to share half of his screen time with another baddie. 

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Again I didn’t mention the competition, lol. 

I’ve seen every Marvel film apart from Thor 2 and I have no idea who Zemo or Ego are. Hela was like a drag queen, camp but cheesy. Vulture wasnt intimidating but Spider-Man Homecoming was aimed for a *very* young audience I think. 

Maybe because I watch so many horror films I find the superhero villains so lame 😂

Different opinions ;) 

im happy with the Marvel villain on the phase 3

22 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

yeah I agree Marvel has a villian issue but after the DCU films I think DC lost that high ground.

:hahaha:

Yeah, the DCEU is definitely a couple of steps down from the Nolan trilogy villain-wise. Which is sad, since imo DC has some fantastic villains in their library.

I'm no Man Of Steel fan, but Zod and especially Faora have been the two best ones so far. Everyone else (Lex Zuckerberg, Dumbsday, Enchantress The Hula-Hula Dancer and Steppedinapileofshit) have been garbage. I don't count the Suicide Squad leads since those weren't really villains per say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

Yeah, the DCEU is definitely a couple of steps down from the Nolan trilogy villain-wise. Which is sad, since imo DC has some fantastic villains in their library.

I'm no Man Of Steel fan, but Zod and especially Faora have been the two best ones so far. Everyone else (Lex Zuckerberg, Dumbsday, Enchantress The Hula-Hula Dancer and Steppedinapileofshit) have been garbage. I don't count the Suicide Squad leads since those weren't really villains per say.

Yep 👍🏻 

• Like 1

Just now, Fancyarcher said:

It's not just a Marvel issues, but modern movies / comic book movies in general tend to have pretty forgetful villains. Marvel films, only gets signaled out because they're popular, but it's not like other superhero movies in general, like DC, are all that better. 

If you’ve been reading reviews or these forums or social media at all over the last ten years you’ll know that the weak points mentioned in MCU films is usually the villain. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

It's not just a Marvel issue, but modern movies / comic book movies in general tend to have pretty forgetful villains. Marvel films, only gets signaled out because they're popular, but it's not like other superhero movies in general, like DC, are all that better. 

Great villains usually mean the hero is overshadowed though (how many people still claim TDK is just average when the Joker isn't around), Thor was definitely overshadowed by Loki for a while and BP got some of that in this too. To build a popular franchise, it was probably smart to not focus too much on villains.

• Like 1