grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

Jurassic World is easily the second best in the franchise - ahead of FK and JW3 by a lot and better than JP2. Of course, it can't compare to JP1 which is one of the greatest movies of all time but it wouldn't be fair to it.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, Noctis said:

Jurassic World is easily the second best in the franchise - ahead of FK and JW3 by a lot and better than JP2. Of course, it can't compare to JP1 which is one of the greatest movies of all time but it wouldn't be fair to it.

JP and JW are the only two films n the franchise I found fuly satisfying. Even then, JW was not nearly as good as JP. All the others I was dissaponted in; the less said abut JW3 the better. It is just a plain old bad movie. Even FK was a bit better.

25 minutes ago, Noctis said:

TLW is better than JW.

• Like 8
  • Disbelief 1

The Lost World is fun as hell and a clear cut above any of the non-Spielberg movies in the franchise (I haven't seen Fallen Kingdom but I don't see myself eating those words). The only actual complaint I seem to see about it online is a moment that lasts about 10 seconds in the movie where a girl kicks a dinosaur, that's it.

• Like 1

Yes, TLW Has it fans. But then every movie ever made has it's fans.

It's more medicore then out and out bad the way that JW3 was. It';s problem was that it was too much of a repeat of JP.Surprised that Spielberg forgot the key to a sucessful sequel is "THe Same but Different". And that kid was just super annoyning.

The final 20 minutes with the Dino on the loose was fun because Speilberg played it for laughs sort of poking fun at the JP memes.

I have read that Spielberg was not excited about having to direct it, wanting to concerntrate on the film he really wanted to do that was in development "Saving Private Ryan". and only wanted to be exec. Producer on the film, but was under contractual obligaition to do it. That mike explain his lackluster direction for most of the film.

Edited by dudalb

47 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Yes, TLW Has it fans. But then every movie ever made has it's fans.

It's more medicore then out and out bad the way that JW3 was. It';s problem was that it was too much of a repeat of JP.Surprised that Spielberg forgot the key to a sucessful sequel is "THe Same but Different". And that kid was just super annoyning.

The final 20 minutes with the Dino on the loose was fun because Speilberg played it for laughs sort of poking fun at the JP memes.

I have read that Spielberg was not excited about having to direct it, wanting to concerntrate on the film he really wanted to do that was in development "Saving Private Ryan". and only wanted to be exec. Producer on the film, but was under contractual obligaition to do it. That mike explain his lackluster direction for most of the film.

do you think it had lacklustre direction? Any fault of it is the writing, but for me it’s his directing that elevates it from forgettable to “oh wow, how unbelievable is this set piece” etc. There’s all-timer Spielberg moments in this one. 

He wasn’t obligated either, although he’s always admitted he’s not a fan of directing sequels (Indy aside).  He did it for the audience that were pleading for more. 

Most summer movies would dream of being as well made as Lost World. I’m an avid defender of it. What’s mediocre Spielberg is most other filmmakers’ best work.  There’s some serious suspense in this one. 

but yeah, everybody has their opinions which I respect. I just wouldn’t put any fault at the quality of the direction of Lost World. I thought he brought it. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

The scene in the tall grass with the raptors in TLW is better than anything in the sequel trilogy.

Unfair comparison though. Compared to a really well-made film like The Lost World, TFA, TLJ and especially Rise of Skywalker just dont stand much of a chance.

Spoiler

:sparta:

Edited by Brainbug the Dinosaur
  • Haha 3

I'm watching Fallen Kingdom and I'm struggling to understand the benefit of a Dino that can kill a man once its owner aims their gun at them, turns on a light attached to the gun, and then presses another button on the gun... why not just shoot the gun?

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, AJG said:

I'm watching Fallen Kingdom and I'm struggling to understand the benefit of a Dino that can kill a man once its owner aims their gun at them, turns on a light attached to the gun, and then presses another button on the gun... why not just shoot the gun?

Thats not the point! The point is to have an awesome killer assassin dinosaur that would totally be the most usefull and not-at-all-noticeable assassin of all time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

We are now 6 movies in a franchise where people cloned dinosaurs and make horrible decisions. It's highly likely that the franchise's world governments and villains. . . aren't bright.

It's at this point a running gag that even the Netflix series makes fun of.

Edited by Yandereprime101189

6 hours ago, M37 said:

I don’t think it’s about the park per se, but the broader concept of being trapped in the Dinos world, and trying to escape to freedom, and the character story told within that framework. “Normal” people getting caught up in a disaster and having to react and survive 

But once you move the story more into a more spy/thriller vein, where it’s nefarious people trying to use/sell dinos for personal gain, then it’s no longer the Dino’s world, it’s the human world with dinos as a plot device - that a different story, that doesn’t resonate as well, especially with sub-par writing and one-dimensional characters 

I don't think this is a big deal as long as dinosaurs are front and center. People aren't wedded to a specific premise as long as they get their dino carnage.  Of course the writing is an issue, but I think that applies to the park-esque premises as well. 

Edited by Menor Reborn

37 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

I don't think this is a big deal as long as dinosaurs are front and center. People aren't wedded to a specific premise as long as they get their dino carnage.  Of course the writing is an issue, but I think that applies to the park-esque premises as well. 

They're not.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, John Marston said:

Lost World’s audience reception I thought was more due to the darker and almost mean spirited tone.

And every character not played be Jeff Goldblum being so thoroughly unlikable as dumb and annoying.  Well, the guy who got brutally ripped in half by the T-Rex's for saving everyone was alright too.

• Like 1

I have been defending Collin Treverow who revived this great franchise in a way where it still has a future evwn if Dominion disappoints, but if Dominion doesn't have enough dinosaurs then I'll be joining r/Movies and r/JurassicPark for Collin bashing spree.

You could make a trash 10% RT movie if it has Dinosaurs in it, and i won't mind..... And you could make a movie which gets 90% rating but with less dinosaurs and I'll lose it. 

What Collin Treverow seems to have done is made a rotten movie with less dinosaurs. That's actually very incredible.

I just saw the movie and my theater had a flippin blast with it. Wom on this is gonna be healthy. A- cinemascore at least. Me personally I wasn't as fond of it but still a fun time. Also Emily Carmichael makes a cameo.

My full review:

Edited by Alex SciChannel
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

I have been defending Collin Treverow who revived this great franchise in a way where it still has a future evwn if Dominion disappoints, but if Dominion doesn't have enough dinosaurs then I'll be joining r/Movies and r/JurassicPark for Collin bashing spree.

You could make a trash 10% RT movie if it has Dinosaurs in it, and i won't mind..... And you could make a movie which gets 90% rating but with less dinosaurs and I'll lose it. 

What Collin Treverow seems to have done is made a rotten movie with less dinosaurs. That's actually very incredible.

Jurassic Park has a 90% RT score and has less dinosaurs in it than any of the films. . . .did you lose it then?

Just now, Yandereprime101189 said:

Jurassic Park has a 90% RT score and has less dinosaurs in it than any of the films. . . .did you lose it then?

And you just increased my hopes up.

But then i don't realise why some people are saying less focus on dinosaurs or similar stuff.