grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

I watched the Prologue on my Big Screen.   It really felt like I was about to watch the movie.  That was pretty intense.  Wasn't expecting to see that many Dino's  Getting "Lost World" vibes with the Dino's just running loose everywhere.    I think this has the brand recognition to do very well this summer.  "Fallen Kingdom" did good numbers as well.  

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

On 11/24/2021 at 12:18 AM, filmlover said:

The prologue really showcases Trevorrow's horrid writing just by the chopper dialogue alone. Plus the direction, complete lack of suspense (The most tense part was how awful that kissing was) and cheesy shots constantly.

Does make me wish for a Walking with Dinosaurs remake with CGI on this level though.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 11:23 AM, Cmasterclay said:

That clip sums up everything that has been wrong with this franchise since Jurassic World. Look at the movie theater scene - it is all revealed and done with in about 70 seconds, instead of taking the time to slowly build tension, have people get uncomfortable, and then commence with the action. Look at the difference between the footsteps in the puddle and where we are now. Just night and day in terms of building tension and suspense. 

Jurassic World wasn't suspenseful at all. It went full blown popcorn adventure. That is what this will be.

I'm a huge JP fan and Fallen Kingdom was one of the worst big budget films I've ever seen and one of the worst movie watching experiences in my life, it was basically 200 mln Uwe Boll film, it makes JP3 look like a legit masterpiece. I'll ignore this one for sure and really hope it'll have big enough drop Universal will distance Trevorrow from any future entries, that guy is a talentless hack, the only reason why JW1 was alright is because Spielberg was heavily involved and forced him to rewrite the script, and Spielberg had no involvement in Fallen Kingdom besides collecting another paycheck.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 12:56 PM, Brainbug said:

Im a diehard JP Fan, but this is very true. None of the sequels are anywhere close to the first in quality but i personally also dont ever expect anything from them besides beeing entertaining. Its also kind of funny how Jurassic Park/World is a now Six Film Franchise in the first place, considering the first movie was all about "we tried a new thing ... and it failed miserably. Lets not do it again" and then in the sequels they do everything again.

Whats even more funny for me though is that this is imo exactly what would happen in the real word as well. 

Many horror monster film franchises have a "Man should not tamper in God's domain" message in the first film which is ignored in the sequels.

On 11/26/2021 at 8:51 AM, BoxOfficeZ said:

The prologue really showcases Trevorrow's horrid writing just by the chopper dialogue alone. Plus the direction, complete lack of suspense (The most tense part was how awful that kissing was) and cheesy shots constantly.

Does make me wish for a Walking with Dinosaurs remake with CGI on this level though.

Will they make any attempt to explain why  a few dinos on the loose will be such a menace with the kind of military hardware we got nowdays...which is the kind of thing I have problems suspending my disbelief over. if that chipper was an Apache AH 64, that T rex is dead meat.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Menor said:

I enjoyed Fallen Kingdom (mostly because of the first half). Still there is a lot of suspension of disbelief required for the premise of this one. However, I subscribe to Rule of Cool here. I just want to see pure dinosaur mayhem, I don't care too much how they justify it. 

I enjoy some good mayhem  myself, but I like it to be logical mayhem.

On 1/21/2022 at 7:45 PM, Maggie said:

I assume trailer for the super Bowl. They are starting the promo campaign pretty late

Not really, the marketing's pretty much the same as  the previous films - the first look releasing around November-December with proper marketing starting from a Super Bowl spot.

• Like 2