WrathOfHan

The Crow | August 23, 2024

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

From the director of Snow White & the Huntsman and Ghost in the Shell '17. Keep your expectations low.

Tbf I haven’t seen Snow White and the Hunstman. Ghost in the shell on the other hand, was so fucking boring. It was such a chore to sit through I stopped watching it halfway through.

On 2/28/2024 at 10:50 AM, TomThomas said:

You are very optimistic, Dredd was great, this one doesn't look like it.

I have yet to see moving images with sound and fury, I'm speaking on Lionsgate fumbling another treasured cult comic book film that might actually be better than their promotions suggest.

On 2/28/2024 at 11:48 PM, Krissykins said:

Filmed two years ago as well. 

He looks very similarly to how he does in Boy Kills World too. 

Two years in the can is seldom a good sign.

Oh I have no ties to the original, seen it in the 90s when I was a kid but can’t remember it.

But Bill Skarsgård looks extremely attractive here. Plenty of gore too. 

Revenge films seem popular just now. 

That trailer did nothing for me. It looks like Lionsgate is going to fumble yet another CBM property through promotional material alone. I still remember the backlash Dredd had. "It looks too low budget." "The Raid ripoff."

This actually looks like a decent John Wick ripoff. It really doesn't remind me all that much of the original though, so viewers will mostly just reject it I predict.

I'll probably enjoy it in a Nobody sort of way though; a forgettable Wick clone, which I guess does sound a bit offensive to the original's legacy.

Also, did they really have to make him look like Letto's Joker? I guess this look is just in vogue at the moment or something?